Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDShelf.com orders ???

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVDShelf.com orders ???

Old 03-27-03, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDShelf.com orders ???

Excuse me if this is in the wrong form but I thought it would be a good starting place since it deals with International DVD's.

On Jan 25th I ordered 5 DVD's and 1 VCD from DVDshelf.com and received an email that my order had shipped on Feb 4th. As of today, I still have not received my order and I cannot get any response from DVDShelf.com. They did provide me with a Tracking number but it hasn't worked since Feb 4th. (HKPost).

? What is a NORMAL amount of time to receive an order from this company?

What steps do I follow now to try and locate the shipment?

If customs seized my parcel would I receive notification?

Just trying to gain some knowledge as this is the First shipment that I've lost, but also the first time that I've ordered from DVDshelf.com. Whats to be expected.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-03, 02:48 PM

Here are some things to consider:
1) call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Normally you have 60 days, and you are close to that if not over. I'm too lazy to do the math.
2) Keep contacting DVDshelf.

I have ordered from them in the past with no problem. I hope that there was some error and they get it out to you shortly! When I did order, they shipped it a day after it became available and I received it in NY within a 2-3 days.
Old 03-27-03, 03:20 PM

Which mailing option did you use - Standard airmail or courier?

I have placed many orders with them in the past and have not once had a problem (I use the courier option)... in fact since they have changed couriers from UPS to HK Post's Speedpost, my most recent order arrived in just over one day as opposed to the previous 2, 3, or even 4 days!!

I suggest you try emailing direct to these addresses:

Elaine Ng at: [email protected]
David Ho at: [email protected]

but make sure you are always polite

Good luck with your order... although they usually are very responsive and accommodating.

regards, Tim...

Last edited by hardtack; 03-27-03 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-27-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I've found they always reply to my emails, but they rarely address my questions.
Old 03-27-03, 03:43 PM

Tim,

I used courier as the shipping method and have just recently tried contacting dvdshelf (actually 6 days ago). The only reply that I have received is from Elaine Ng stating that the order was shipped and to check the status with tracking number EE55xxxxxxxHK through the HK post. However, as stated earlier the HK Post tracking website keeps telling me to check back later.

Also, I have filed a claim with the Hong Kong Speedpost earlier this morning hoping that someone can at least tell me where the parcel is.

And I have been pleasant in the emails to DVDShelf. However, I have only received the one reply and am getting concerned since nearly 2 months time has lapsed.

john
Old 03-28-03, 08:27 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I've found they always reply to my emails, but they rarely address my questions.
I gotta agree with you there.

I've always used the courier option myself and generally receive my package within 2-3 days. Not even time enough to bother tracking. My packages are usually in the 20 items category, so maybe it's harder to lose? And never had a customs problem with them either. BTW, sd-6, you didn't mention what country you're in.

Last edited by dleedlee; 03-28-03 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-29-03, 01:38 PM

My last order from DVD Shelf, which was 10 items and arrived a couple days ago, was my first order ever to have been obviously opened by customs. (Bubble wrap was cut open and one DVD was opened.) I simply assume that US customs are probably checking more packages now. I also have packages on the way from Japan and the UK and will be curious to see if they have been opened.

I will also say that I chose the HK 'Express' Post once (for a mere savings of a couple bucks) and the traking never worked and it took a long time compared to the courier UPS choice. Even though my last order had been checked by customs it still arrive in 3 days using UPS.
Old 03-29-03, 07:00 PM

I received a reply from Elaine Ng today stating that my parcel was "probably lost" and that they would reship my order.

Thanks for everyones input.

PS: Someone asked what country I was from, USA
Mosquito capital of the world. Florida

Lets see how long this one takes. :-)

john
Old 03-31-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered to discs at the begining of the month, and recived a shipping email on the 6th. Used the standard mailing option, I wasn't going to pay more for shipping than the cost of the discs. Any still haven't recived them. Emailed them several days ago and told them that if I didn't recive the discs or a responce within five days, I was going to dispute the charges on my cc.

Well I recived an email fairly quick from elaine stating that it could take up to 15 business days to recive the package. Now mind you that 17-18 business days had already passed, when I emailed them. Oh well I'll wait till Wensday and if I don't recive it by then I'll file a dispute. I won't be ordering from them again, its a shame though because they had some cheap ****.
Old 03-31-03, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Order

10 DVDs
Order placed 3/6/03
Order Shipped 3/21/03 (waiting for stock on Army of Darkness)
Order Recieved 3/31/03

Standard Air Mail (not courier)
Old 04-21-03, 08:56 PM

Up date on order placed Jan 25th from dvdshelf.com!

I have emailed ElaineN 3 times since 3/29/03 regarding the reshipment of my order. As of today I still haven't received a response. Does anyone really work at this place?

Well, they have definetly LOST me as a customer. It's too bad to because they had a lot of stuff that I would have ordered, but have since ordered elsewhere and have received!

Good luck if you plan on ordering from them. I think you've got better odds at Vegas.

As a side note. I emailed DavidH as well (since ElaineH wasn't responding) and he has NEVER returned my emails either.

Talk about customer service. Buyer beware!

john
Old 04-22-03, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmm, my friend and I have ordered there several times... No problems yet! I just placed an order a few days ago. Hope it goes well, I'll let you know.
Old 04-22-03, 07:58 AM

- Ordered 4/4,
- Shipped 4/17 (waiting for Inner Senses a weekly special for HK$38)
- Rec'd 4/22

Order was 10 discs, shipped via courier. My smallest order yet from them. I was trying to restrain myself but now I have to make another order this week. Once again, no problems.
I would recommend always using the courier mailing option.

Last edited by dleedlee; 04-22-03 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-22-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dleedlee
- Ordered 4/4,
- Shipped 4/17 (waiting for Inner Senses a weekly special for HK$38)
- Rec'd 4/22

Order was 10 discs, shipped via courier. My smallest order yet from them. I was trying to restrain myself but now I have to make another order this week. Once again, no problems.
I would recommend always using the courier mailing option.
Hey dleedlee,

where exactly do you live. I want to hop on the ordering wagon and save some on the shipping. I usually order from them with a friend in qty of 30+ (but have to wait months to built that up). It would be great if we can order together and split the shipping cost.

As for DVDShelf, my friend and I have placed about 7 orders with them in the past year & a half. Never had a problem with getting the shipment fast. However, they sometime do not have items in stock but it's available on their website. Overall, I am happy with them.
Maybe to avoid the "lost shipment" would be to order in large qty.
Old 04-22-03, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by myrdh
Hey dleedlee,

where exactly do you live. I want to hop on the ordering wagon and save some on the shipping. I usually order from them with a friend in qty of 30+ (but have to wait months to built that up). It would be great if we can order together and split the shipping cost.

As for DVDShelf, my friend and I have placed about 7 orders with them in the past year & a half. Never had a problem with getting the shipment fast. However, they sometime do not have items in stock but it's available on their website. Overall, I am happy with them.
Maybe to avoid the "lost shipment" would be to order in large qty.
myrdh, thanks for the offer but I'm trying to cut down on my orders not increase them! My view-to-buy index is already out of whack. Besides which, I've been eyeing some of those mainland discs at yesasia for awhile now.
Old 04-22-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dleedlee
myrdh, thanks for the offer but I'm trying to cut down on my orders not increase them! My view-to-buy index is already out of whack. Besides which, I've been eyeing some of those mainland discs at yesasia for awhile now.
Thanks for the response and I understand. I guess it's back to the waiting game.

Old 04-22-03, 12:28 PM

I've been dealing with DVD Shelf for a couple of years now and ordered hundreds of discs and never ever had a problem.

Jeff