Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Good US based e-tailers for foreign import films?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-03, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, anyone have any recommendations for established e-tailers that sell import DVDs?

I'm epsecially looking for movies from Spain.
Old 03-23-03, 06:46 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Re: Good US based e-tailers for foreign import films?

Originally posted by UKingdom
I'm epsecially looking for movies from Spain.
I'd recommend ordering directly from Spain. Cut out the middleman. If you buy from the US-based import stores, you'll end up paying an extra $5-$10 per disc.

DVDGo.com has an English interface, their prices are very good, and they remove VAT. Customer service is also good and they answer questions in English. While the shipping charge is high if you're only ordering one title, it's not bad if you're getting a couple DVDs ($10 for 1-4 DVDs, $15 for 5-8 DVDs). And delivery is very fast. The package arrives within 2-3 days of shipment through a courier service like Airborne Express.

If you still want to order from stores in the US, here are two that sell DVDs from Spain:

PokerIndustries.com

DiabolikDVD.com
Old 03-23-03, 08:35 PM

I second the recommendation for DVDGo. You'll get your Spanish discs a hell of a lot cheaper through them than you will through importers like Diabolik. DVD Go recently had an awesome sale, with a ton of great titles for just $6! Their international shipping service is very good.
Old 03-24-03, 03:06 AM

www.xploitedcinema.com -very good.

As the others have said it's cheaper buying direct but if you can't do that try the above store.
Old 03-24-03, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
www.xploitedcinema.com -very good.

As the others have said it's cheaper buying direct but if you can't do that try the above store.
But why wouldn't he be able to buy direct? I can't imagine a scenario where somebody would be forced to buy through an importer. It's really not any more convenient and it's rarely cheaper. If you've got a computer and a credit card, then you've got the choice to order from whomever you want. Personally, I only use sites like Xploited and Diabolik as a way to see what obscurities are available. As soon as I'm done browsing at the importers, I click right over to a non-US retailer and order what I want for significantly lower prices.

I think these importers are a lot like those Ebay sellers who try to auction off DVDs at list price. They're just preying on people who don't realize that you can get the same thing much cheaper through regular channels.
Old 03-25-03, 03:21 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Here's an example:

I recently ordered 3 DVDs from Italy (at DVD.it). The order was placed on 3/19 and arrived in the USA on 3/24. Total price was $55 shipped.

If I had ordered from a US-based import dealer, I doubt they would have gotten here any quicker. And the total price for the exact same DVDs would have been $80 shipped.
Old 03-25-03, 08:39 AM

But why wouldn't he be able to buy direct?

He may have personal reasons -some could be:

1) Doesn't have a credit card
2) Prefers to wire money to a US bank
3) Prefers to send cash
5) Doesn't like dealing with foreign countries
4) He's Elvis and doesn't want anyone to know

There could be many many reasons but that's nothing to do with the guy's question.