Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Untold Story DVD- is it the uncut version?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-03, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw Untold Story way back when it was first released by Tai Seng(sp?). Anyway, the movie was brutal, sadistic,and very violent. In other words, right up my alley.

Of course back then was when I bought my first DVD player and got a coupon code from Netflix for so many free rentals which is how I got to see the movie(what? Buy a movie sight unseen? You must be mad, mad I say )

Back then, I wasn't aware of the term OOP.

Now, after years of lurking at this board, I am too sadly aware of the term OOP.

So, to the question- Is the DVD that DDDHouse sells of The Untold Story the same cut as the old Tai Seng DVD?

Is it the full, uncut version?

Does anyone have this DVD which is distibuted by City Connection?

Because if it is the full version I am getting it.

Thank you
Old 03-12-03, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the "new" version and didn't see any diffenent with the tape I watched years ago....so it should be uncut....but who knows I might be wrong...
Old 03-14-03, 08:22 AM

it is full uncut

But it is full screen and the subtitles sometimes go off the screen and the picture quality is pretty crappy

not a big deal but if you really liked this movie and want to own it go for the Tai-seng as it's easily the best dvd they've ever put out

The City Connection version should only be purchased if you just want to see the movie for the first time and don't wanna fork over alot of dough for it like me

I thought it was pretty good but nothing special though
Old 03-14-03, 10:17 AM

Are you sure the Tai-Seng version is OOP? DVD Empire still has it in stock if you really want that version.