International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

question about hkl

Old 02-24-03, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about hkl

does anyone know how long it usually takes honh kong legends official website to ship their dvds and how long it takes to recieve for a United States order, cause I only see one option for shipping fee and thats 2 pounds. thanks
Old 02-24-03, 06:02 PM

I want to know that too, I just ordered 4 DVDs there.
Old 02-24-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine were shipped on the 21st, so I'll let you know when I receive them.
Old 02-24-03, 07:00 PM

Yes, I am still waiting. Ordered some from HKL since the end of January and I am still waiting. Already got my credit card statement with the charge on it. Obviously, thus far, you can safely say that I am not very impressed with the promptness of HKL's customer service.

I had ordered from CD-WOW since then and got my order from them in a week's time. If I had a choice, I would order from CD-WOW every time. Free world-wide shipping, very prompt shipping of order and very good prices. The only downside is that they seem to stock only recent/current releases.
Old 02-24-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't heard from anybody that ordered during the last sale at HKL that they have ordered again.

Lots of problems. They were innundated with orders and hired a temp staff to help them process them last time. BIG MISTAKE!
Old 02-24-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't heard from anybody that ordered during the last sale at HKL that they have ordered again.

Lots of problems. They were innundated with orders and hired a temp staff to help them process them last time. BIG MISTAKE!
Old 02-24-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am sticking with Bensons World.
Old 02-24-03, 10:23 PM

Great, I just order 6 DVDs from them a couple of days ago. Site still has status as "being processed".

I placed a couple of orders from Amazon.co.uk & from CD Wow & got both in the US in just five days. Very impressive. HKL's prices are hard to beat, hopefully they won't cause too much trouble with my order.
Old 02-25-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am pretty satisfied with my first order with CD-Wow. Heck with Bensons or HKL (not their product). Just delivery time.
Old 02-25-03, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by axolotls return
I am pretty satisfied with my first order with CD-Wow. Heck with Bensons or HKL (not their product). Just delivery time.
How is their pricing and how much better on the delivery time?
Old 02-25-03, 07:40 PM

I ordered The Killer, Tai Chi Boxer, and Project A 2 from them the end of Jan. I got the dics in about two weeks. Still waiting on Dragon From Russia but its not released yet. I really wish they'd email you a confirmation.

They did just change their web store front. You should email them about your order if its been a while.
Old 02-26-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 258 Likes on 188 Posts
Takes about 5 days to get them to Minnesota... I have ordered 2 times now from them and both times took about 5 days.
Old 02-26-03, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by mrwilson
I ordered The Killer, Tai Chi Boxer, and Project A 2 from them the end of Jan. I got the dics in about two weeks. Still waiting on Dragon From Russia but its not released yet. I really wish they'd email you a confirmation.

They did just change their web store front. You should email them about your order if its been a while.
I'm not suire if you're talking about HKL or cd-wow.com (hopefully HKL, I'd like to get my disks in a couple of weeks!). If you are refering to cd-wow maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find any of these DVDs on their site. I ordered Story of Ricky from them a while back and got the disk in five days. I'd highly recommend them, except for the fact that they don't seem to stock a lot of titles.

A search of the titles I ordered from HKL:
Introduction to Hong Kong Legends (includes Hitman movie)
Big Boss
Magnificent Butcher
Mr. Vampire
Young Master
Project A 2 disk
showed that cd-wow only had Young Master in stock.

I would love to use cd-wow some more, maybe on new releases in the future.
Old 02-26-03, 12:22 PM

Just as a follow-up to my earlier post regarding HKL, I had placed my initial order for some dvds from HKL on Jan. 29th. Waited two weeks before I e-mailed them on Feb 19th. They replied back saying that they had shipped my order on Feb. 3rd. Since it has been two weeks, they would re-ship my order again on Feb. 19th. I received my order in Canada on February 25th. I verified that I received the re-shipment as it was dated Feb. 19th. So if they do ship the items, you should get it within a week.

Somehow, based on how readily/easy it was to get HKL to re-ship my order on Feb. 19th, I suspect that somehow they never did mail out my order on Feb. 3rd. My suspicions anyway. I will probably give HKL the benefit of the doubt as the discs, once they arrive, were in good condition and they do make quality discs and their present sale prices are great.

The beef I have now is CD-WOW which I had liked until recently. I had ordered the Young Master for $US 16.95 on the night of Feburary 24th. They dropped the price of the disc to $13.95 the next day before I received my shipping notice. Since the price change was so immediate/recent, I requested a credit for the $3 difference. The initial e-mail I got back from them was that sorry, I was out of luck. If I bought the item from a store, I would have easily gotten a price adjustment. I know it is not a large amount. It is more the principle of the thing that bothers me.
Old 02-26-03, 02:10 PM

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

???

They changed their CS email address?
Old 02-28-03, 11:56 AM

Henry, can you provide the email address you used to make your inquiry? I got the same message as Raxel.
Old 02-28-03, 12:27 PM

Hi. At HKL, I e-mailed a Lynn Shaw who helped me to ensure my order did get mailed. Her e- mail address is [email protected].

Let me know what happens as I am thinking of ordering some more discs from HKL in the near future.

As for CD-WOW, they did resolve the reprice problem that I had with them by issuing me a credit note for the difference. So they are in my good books again.