International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

RCE toshiba sd 2109 problem(hacks not working)

Old 11-06-02, 02:40 PM

RCE toshiba sd 2109 problem(hacks not working)

Hi, i hope we can talk about RCE on this forum as the dvdfile.com one never let me but i desperately need help.

just purchased the 'spiderman' r1 dvd and i've been told about the hack involving pressing memory and selecting 01 and 00 in both T and C boxes but the problem is, the 01 and 00 aren't appearing in the boxes and therefore the hack's not working.

is there a possibility there is something wrong with my remote because 03,04, and 05 don't work either but every number after that does.

i have the toshiba SD-2109B.

any help'd be appreciated.

Skav
Old 11-06-02, 09:00 PM
Cool New Member

The RCE bypass worked perfectly fine with my 2109(E): I pressed 'stop' after loading the DVD, then I selected time 0:00:01 and voila, the movie starts!

I have a different problem with SPIDER-MAN (R1), though: my copy freezes at 1:13:28! I hope it's just a bad disc, a replacement is on its way...
Old 11-06-02, 09:54 PM

i don't think i have a time button on my 2109B though. so you stopped it when the map came on, pressed this button called 'time' and it came on? no specific button pressing after that?

Skav
Old 11-08-02, 08:06 PM
Cool New Member

No, it's too late if the map is displayed. Here's the exact procedure:

1. press 'stop' immediately after the player has finished loading the disc and begins to play it (the display changes from 'loading' to 'play')
2. press the 'T' button - make sure the display shows 'Title: 1', otherwise you've been too slow: open and close the disc tray and repeat step #1
3. press 'T' again and enter '0:00:01' as time, hit 'play'
4. enjoy SPIDER-MAN!

If you want to watch any of the special features, make sure you don't enter the DVD menu. As soon as you've entered the DVD menu the RCE protection is active - start all over again and select a different title during step #2 (or watch the extras on your computer if you have one with a DVD-ROM drive, that's what I do).
Old 11-10-02, 12:36 AM

thanks a lot. i finally got it working. the movie that is. all i gota do is just figure out the extras.

cheers

Skav