International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

2009 Lost Memories DVD Question

Old 10-25-02, 07:31 PM

2009 Lost Memories DVD Question

Is this movie good? And is it worth the extra $13 ( $39 vs. $26) for the 2-Disc LE with book?
Old 10-25-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

don't know. but that is a REALLY BIG BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never seen something quite that large attached to a DVD before.
Old 10-26-02, 01:52 AM

I'd say just get the SE without the book unless of course you can read Korean. Shipping charges are murder with the book. The whole package weights about 4 lb.
Old 10-26-02, 06:35 AM

Hi, I have the 2-Disc LE with Book edition.

My suggestion? Buy the version WITHOUT the book ($26). $39 is too much of a risk for a movie you may not like. The book regurgitates many of the photographs on the DVD, but adds a nice interview section to read through near the end, provided you can understand Korean.

With regards to the movie, I thought it was pretty good, but not worth $39. It's reminiscent of John Woo movies in both style and look, although it has a flavor all of its own. The story will get confusing deep into the film. Be prepared to think and perhaps accept a few plot holes. I found this more entertaining than Shiri.
Old 10-27-02, 12:55 PM

I ordered one WITHOUT the book for $26.95 from DVDAsian. i like the movie. It's action packed. i think you'll enjoy it if you are into action flix.
Old 10-28-02, 11:39 PM

Sounds good guys. I'll order the version w/o the book.
Old 11-10-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched this last night. Kinda long in the character development for late night viewing. So I'll be rewatching the missed scenes again today.

Very Good movie. The picture and sound quality are Excellent IMHO. The cinematography is nice. A lot of dramatic/tension scenes with an excellent soundtrack.

The opening scenes are a bit confusing and had me thinking the subtitle translations were way goofed up (they weren't).

Worth a look. The movie itself is a solid 7.5/10, but the production values of the DVD are very nice.
Old 03-03-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried ordering the version with the book from krdvd.com, but it's been a month and he won't reply... so in going off to order it elsewhere, I remembered this thread because the shipping units at DVDShelf is 13 just for this one item. So if anyone has any other feedback about the book... is it nice? Is it like the book that came with Musa? Is it a coffee table book? Is it made of lead? I can't read Korean, but I'm not 100% convinced I shouldn't get the book - I just need more people telling me it's a piece of crap to push me over the edge. I mean, just the book alone bumps me into the next shipping category which is double the one before it. :/
Old 03-03-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to see a picture of it if anyone has one.
Old 03-03-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw a picture of it (maybe at Poker). It was huge (same height width as MUSA) but thick as heck.

The movie is good, but not sure if having the book is worth it since it's in Korean and heavy to ship.
Old 03-04-03, 09:59 PM

The Koreans must REALLY hate the Japanese because they went out of their way to make the Japanese look really bad and brutal.
Old 03-05-03, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I'd like to see a picture of it if anyone has one.
Here you go. 2009 book.

Originally posted by axolotls return
I saw a picture of it (maybe at Poker). It was huge (same height width as MUSA) but thick as heck.
It's actually a lot bigger than the book that comes with Musa. It weighs over 2 pounds.
Old 03-05-03, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mrwilson
The Koreans must REALLY hate the Japanese because they went out of their way to make the Japanese look really bad and brutal.
Well, maybe the North Korean government does, but I'd say not most South Koreans (of course I'm not one of them, nor do I live in either country, but that's what I've heard).
Old 03-05-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watch the movie GO! to really feel the supressed "anti-korean" sentiments by a japanese girl who is courted by a korean guy (raised in Japan).
Old 10-27-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know where this might still be available? Everywhere I have checked shows it being out of stock/print.
Old 10-28-04, 12:49 AM

Does anyone know where this might still be available? Everywhere I have checked shows it being out of stock/print.
You can get the version with book here. Pretty pricey though!!!
Old 10-28-04, 04:06 AM

I've got the version with the book, and I agree with the others here that it is heavy to ship, it is a nice book and has got various poster designs that I quite nice ( why is so difficult to get these asian film posters?).
The other extra you get is a film cell in some sort of cardboard frame, its nice if you like that sort of thing.
Old 10-29-04, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This movie is wretched... Avoid at all costs.