Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ichi the Killer Uncut DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Ichi the Killer Uncut DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-03, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Phyre
Hello, I am Super Lazy, can someone who is generous with their time please sum what was learned in this thread? Regions, cut versions etc?
no
Old 02-19-03, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,513 Posts
Originally posted by Phyre
Hello, I am Super Lazy, can someone who is generous with their time please sum what was learned in this thread? Regions, cut versions etc?
We learned that the uncut version is only available in a 12 disc Region 8 set (thats right, you have to be on an airline or cruise ship to view it) that can only be imported from Albania. The cut version can be found in all formats including Beta and CED.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 02-19-03, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol I love this forum. DAMN YOU ALL.
Old 03-08-03, 09:12 AM
Banned

How long is the Behind the Scenes Footage and is it good. Oh and also are the intreviews any good.
Old 03-08-03, 06:08 PM
Banned

What's this thing I've have been hearing about with Media Blasters Releasing Ichi. Got any news on it.
Old 03-10-03, 03:44 AM

I was in Holland for a weekend and I picked up Ichi the Killer DVD for 30 EUROS. Its two disk the first disk is only the uncut movie with optional english subtitles, I didn't see any info about an audio commentary on the box but I havn't played the movie yet so its possible it was just left out. The second disk has a crap load of extras: a video interview with Miike, a video interview with cast, biographies, filmographies, film notes, orignal trailer, european promo, an orginal Japanese press kit, behind the scenes, production stills and a couple more, I don't know yet if these extras arew subtitled in english but ill post back after I've checked it out.
Old 03-18-03, 08:05 PM
Banned

WHY WON'T NO ONE HELP ME. I'M TRYING TO BE NICE ASKING SOMEONE IF THE DVD IS ANY GOOD AND YOU GUYS ARE JUST BEING RUDE AND ACTING LIKE IDIOTS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND INFOMATION ON THIS DVD FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE. ALL I AM ASKING IS TO JUST HELP ME THIS ONE TIME.
Old 03-18-03, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DeathDealer
WHY WON'T NO ONE HELP ME. I'M TRYING TO BE NICE ASKING SOMEONE IF THE DVD IS ANY GOOD AND YOU GUYS ARE JUST BEING RUDE AND ACTING LIKE IDIOTS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND INFOMATION ON THIS DVD FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE. ALL I AM ASKING IS TO JUST HELP ME THIS ONE TIME.
uh, no offence, but I don't think any comments in this thread were directed at you, as they were posted before you even asked your questions. So, please just take it easy.

Anyway, I just got mine in the mail and if you want, I can be specific as to the contents on the 2nd disc when I get to watching them (have to watch the actual film first).

As far as MediaBlasters, if they did release it, based on their past releases, I'm sure the R2 special edition will look and sound better (I've sampled a little bit so far and it looks and sounds great!).
Old 03-19-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thats gonna help.

Haven't got the disc yet myself so couldn't tell ya.
Old 03-19-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

WHY WON'T NO ONE HELP ME
I don't know who this "no one" is who hasn't helped you, but try here:

http://www.voy.com/61955/

Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 03-19-03 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-19-03, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well according to the website below the Premier Asia release has been announced and contains the commentary that should have appeared on the Dutch uncut release.......however it has been subject to 3mins 15 seconds of cuts by the censors.

www.r2-dvd.org
Old 03-19-03, 09:45 AM

This upcoming HKL disc is an infuriatingly paradoxical release. Typical for the release with the best extras to be flawed in some other inexcusable way (although it isn't HKL's fault, of course).

Maybe somebody will take one for the team and buy the disc so we can listen to the commentary in mp3 form.
Old 03-19-03, 12:25 PM

I decided to break down an place an order at Poker Industries today, I want to order Ichi but the one htey have seems like the correct one but the cover isn't the same cover I have seen elsewhere. Is this still the right one:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker...=ICHIJPNSH-DVD

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

Thanks
Old 03-19-03, 01:12 PM

Yes, that's the right one. In fact, I haven't seen any online vendor display the final cover art.
Old 03-19-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
Yes, that's the right one. In fact, I haven't seen any online vendor display the final cover art.
The actual DVD cover is as listed by Poker Industries but the disc is housed in a slipcase which has this cover as listed by XploitedCinema

www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=698
Old 03-19-03, 04:23 PM

Oh, right.
Old 03-20-03, 05:29 PM

Sub Problems with this DVD

I recently ordered this dvd along with a regionfree player from HKFLix. the DVD arrived before the player, but when I try to watch the movie on my iMac, the English subs show for a minute then disappear. I have to press stop and play to get them to reappear.

Is this a known defect on the DVD? Should I wait for my region free player to arrive or should I report the disc as defective?
Old 03-20-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DaJosha, the subs are fine on my region free player (so maybe its a iMac problem?).

There was a different "glitch" with mine. The disc played perfectly until the last couple of chapters, then the picture got "jittery" almost like there were frames missing. After the film finished, during the end credits, I skipped back to where I first noticed the problem and the disc played fine. So maybe it was a one time thing, where my player got a little tempermental? Anyway, this is a film I want to view again soon, so I'll find out. Hope the disc is OK.
Old 03-21-03, 11:47 AM

is anyone else having problems or notice glitches?

this is something i'm really looking forward to, but i don't want to pay almost $40 for something i'll have problems with.
Old 03-21-03, 12:24 PM

Yeah I just ordered this, would suck to find out that there are problems with it now
Old 03-21-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry guys, I don't mean to get you all worried about something that could very well be nothing. Like I said, when I replayed the last couple chapters, they were fine. The problem was most likely a glitch in the PAL conversion process involving my player rather than a problem with the disc itself. Still, I'd like to hear if anyone else experienced something similar with this set.

Anyway, this DVD set was a little pricey, but is really nice. I'll be going through the extras on the second disc this weekend.
Old 03-22-03, 09:43 AM

im going to go ahead and order this soon anyways and hope for the best. i've been on an asian movie kick lately, having just recently being introduced to takashi miike (thanks to this forum!). i can't wait to see ichi!
Old 03-24-03, 09:43 PM

Is the uncut version available anywhere in NTSC format? I can't play an anamorphic PAL disc properly on my setup.
Old 03-24-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

nope!
Old 03-25-03, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by Cosmic Bus
Is the uncut version available anywhere in NTSC format? I can't play an anamorphic PAL disc properly on my setup.
I would say it is time for a new set-up or you will have to wait it out. Eventually it will be released R1, but I don't know if it will be uncut. Though i guess if Visitor Q could be released here Ichi could be as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.