International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Ring 4 DVD?

Old 09-16-02, 01:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ring 4 DVD?

I just saw this over the Ring website at:

http://www.somrux.com/ringworld/rasen.htm

There's a little section where they list that a UK DVD should be coming soon. Does anyone know about this or if there's a site that has a pre-order? I tried searching for it in the Amazon.uk site, but nothing came up.
Old 09-16-02, 01:26 AM
Banned

Oops. What I meant to say is the 4th Ring DVD, counting Ring 1, 2, and Ring 0. So this "Rasen" would be technically, Ring 3.
Old 09-16-02, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Rasen or Spiral is actually Ring 2 - a different director's followup to the first Ring. It was originally played back to back with the original Ring in theaters and most people hated it. Ring 2 that we know about is supposedly better. I'm glad this is coming to DVD, but I'd rather pay HK prices for it since I have a feeling it won't be that good. I would like to see it though.
Old 09-17-02, 02:04 AM
Banned

That Ring site really peaked my interest because I've read from a few sites that says that it followed Ring 2 partially and was more of a side story than a sequel. Looking at that link from the Ring site, it appears that the BBFC has passed it uncut in the UK just this August so this should come out soon right? Does anyone know how long after the BBFC passes a film before it gets released?