Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

looking for Fellini's Casanova on DVD or tape

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-02, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, my boss at work loves this films (rates it his no. 1), but i am having a devil of a time trying to find it in any format, let alone DVD. i found a site in the UK that was selling the DVD, but then stopped. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!
Old 08-22-02, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck

As far as I know Fellini Casanova is not officially on DVD anywhere in the world.

CBS/FOX released a U.S. VHS home video version (pan & scan) decades ago, but it has been long out-of-print.
There is also a laserdisc release that was put out by a company called Discovision. It is, of course, like all laserdiscs now, out-of-print and extremely hard-to-find, as well. There is a rather brief review of the laserdisc linked to IMDB's external reviews section.

If you can afford to shell out $25 for a bootleg, your best bet is to order a DVD copy from Video Seach of Miami (they list the quality of their copy as B/B-, whatever that means exactly) :

www.vsom.com

hope that helps,

brandon
Old 08-22-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: good luck

Originally posted by alsoknownasx
CBS/FOX released a U.S. VHS home video version (pan & scan) decades ago, but it has been long out-of-print.
There is also a laserdisc release that was put out by a company called Discovision. It is, of course, like all laserdiscs now, out-of-print and extremely hard-to-find, as well. There is a rather brief review of the laserdisc linked to IMDB's external reviews section.
MCA's Discovision discs were the very earliest of laserdiscs, and were prone to a horrendous product fail rate (over 50%). That option is not even worth considering, if you could even locate a copy.