Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

10% off at Cinestore

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

10% off at Cinestore

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-02, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10% off at Cinestore

Here is a code for 10% off at Cinestore. Anybody can use it once and it expires 9/30/02.

BIENVENUE

If anybody cares I picked up
Suspicion:Collector Edition
Read My Lips
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
and To Be Or Not To Be
Old 07-30-02, 05:11 PM

I'm just bumping this in case any one who is intrested missed this.
Old 08-04-02, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transit Time for Economy Shipping from France to US

I like to find out what is the typical transit-time from France to US for Economy-grade postal shipping (used by Cinestore from time to time for backorder items).
Old 08-05-02, 12:28 AM

Thanks a lot! Just ordered 2 titles and I think the discount is more than 10%. My total was 30 Euro, and after the coupon it came down to 25 Euro. The shipping is another 20 Euro, though Ouch...
Old 08-05-02, 02:10 AM

I think the rest of the missing price is from them taking out the VAT for US orders. Yeah shipping is pretty expensive that's why I usually pick up about four dvds when ordering, since it's a almost flat rate. I believe my shipping for four dvds was also 20 Euro's as well.
Old 08-05-02, 02:18 AM

Re: Transit Time for Economy Shipping from France to US

Originally posted by cine
I like to find out what is the typical transit-time from France to US for Economy-grade postal shipping (used by Cinestore from time to time for backorder items).
I have had my dvd's arrive after shipping, from anywhere between 7 to 14 days with the cheap shipping option. As far as back orders go, it really varies from title to title. Two of the titles I have ordered were listed as available in 1 to 2 weeks, but they shipped the next day. The other two I'm still waiting for them to ship and I placed the order on the 23rd.
Old 08-05-02, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info. The last time I had a DVD shipped Economy-grade from Cinestore it took ~ 30 days for it to arrive. This time I have one DVD from them that has been 5 weeks in transit.
Old 08-05-02, 09:32 PM

Uggh that's terrible. Amazon.fr always seems to take forever when it comes to shipping time for me.
Old 08-06-02, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In my experience Cinestore are pretty useless when it comes to back orders and I find their customer service to be among the poorest I’ve experienced. It may be the language barrier but I always translate my messages into French (and include them in English) while their replies to me are almost gibberish and always totally ignore the questions I was asking them. Be also aware that you”re charged when ordering NOT when shipped. Refunds are issued if you cancel but you’ll always lose out on the exchange.

I find amazon.fr much better all round even if their prices are sometimes a little higher.
Old 08-07-02, 12:18 AM

Yeah I think that they have crummy service there also.

But they were the only place selling DEAD OF NIGHT, CHROMSOME 3, and OUT OF THE PAST.

So I can't complain too loud.
Old 08-07-02, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got Dead of Night and Out of the Past from amazon.fr
Old 08-07-02, 04:24 PM

Jonathan

I tried to get those titles at amazon.fr last month but they were out of stock.
Old 08-09-02, 08:08 PM

The DVD I've been waiting for finally arrived this afternoon -- nearly 6 weeks after it was shipped.
Old 08-10-02, 12:21 AM

Could you, guys, recommend some good French movies? I know a request like this should sound ridiculous, but I kind of missed last 10-15 years of European cinema, so I'd like to catch up Just to give you an idea what I like: I thouroughly enjoyed action flicks and comedies of the 70s with Belmondo, Pierre Richard, Depardie, Alen Delon, as well as movies like Les RIPOUX (MY NEW PARTNER) and Les GRANDS MOYENS. I was totally turned off by Doberman, though. So if you could recommend something, that would be great. Oh, and I don't speak French, so couldn't do without English subs... Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-02, 10:43 AM

You might want to try the French-film related threads listed at http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s...threadid=59718
Old 08-10-02, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by sandman1
Could you, guys, recommend some good French movies?
Off the top of my head: Le diner de cons, L’appartement, Le Placard, Le Samourai, Le Flic, Le Cop, Subway, Diva and current smash Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Apropos of nothing, your request made me realise that I don’t think of French films as "French" per se, just as films.

Interesting (to me and no-one else probably !)
Old 08-11-02, 01:22 AM

Cine and Jonatan, thanks a bunch. I saw Le diner de cons and thought it was hillarious. I've already heard good things about Subway and L’appartement so after your recommendation I think I'll jump ahead and order them. R1 Brotherhood of the Wolf is $19.99 preorder at Best Buy, so I'm thinking of getting it there.
Old 08-16-02, 11:44 PM

Just received my order from Cinestore today. Took less than 2 weeks and the order came with registered airmail. The problem is I can't find English sound track on one of the discs: L'ALPAGUEUR, even though the disc itself LISTS French and English audio! The menu doesn't have it. I have been looking forward to watching this movie on DVD for a long time. I wrote to Cinestore about the problem, but I still have a few questions.

Is there a chance I'm missing something?
Should I try to contact the studio (and how)?
Has anyone had any experience regarding refunds or exchanges from Cinestore?
Thanks.

Last edited by sandman1; 08-16-02 at 11:47 PM.