Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Nowhere to Hide R2 vs R0

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Nowhere to Hide R2 vs R0

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-02, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 186 Likes on 153 Posts
Nowhere to Hide R2 vs R0

On my recent trip to Paris I noticed that there are now French and UK R2 versions of Nowhere to Hide, both sporting anamorphic transfers (the French one has a DTS track).

Until now apart from a seriously cut (to the tune of 20 minutes) R1 DVD, the only choice has been a non-anamorphic Korean (R0?) DVD which is definitely uncut, but has screwed up 16:9 flags, which I have a feeling will be very bad news if I try to zoom in with my Malata N996.

The question is: are the French or UK versions uncut?

This review of the French DVD gives transfer (video & audio) top marks, but doesn't even mention the running time.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Todorov; 05-13-02 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-13-02, 02:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving discussion of non-R1 discs to International Forum.
Old 05-13-02, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The R0 Korean DVD by Saerom is anamophic and very good in quality. The problem with the incorrect 16x9 flag has been fixed, and all current DVDs (except for the ones from the first pressing) play very well on 4:3 TVs.
Old 05-13-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 186 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally posted by chaver
The R0 Korean DVD by Saerom is anamophic and very good in quality. The problem with the incorrect 16x9 flag has been fixed, and all current DVDs (except for the ones from the first pressing) play very well on 4:3 TVs.
If it is indeed anamorphic, it means they have done more than just fix a flag -- they must have done a whole new transfer, because the original one was not anamorphic. I hope that is true!

In any case I have a 16:9 TV -- I don't care if it plays well on 4:3 TVs .

Ted
Old 05-13-02, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all that i did on my malata to get it to play the korean dvd properly on a 16x9 tv was adjust the x and y axis and it plays fine