Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Various Spanish movies 37% off at DVDGo [+ customer feedback]

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Various Spanish movies 37% off at DVDGo [+ customer feedback]

Old 05-04-02, 02:40 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OFF-WORLD
Posts: 5,978
Various Spanish movies 37% off at DVDGo

It’s a Spanish site that uses frames so just go to www.dvdgo.com and there’s a link on the main page for "Spanish movies on Sale". Some good titles in there.
jonathan.e is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 01:10 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: John Daly City-USA-
Posts: 462
Re: Various Spanish movies 37% off at DVDGo

Originally posted by jonathan.e
It’s a Spanish site that uses frames so just go to www.dvdgo.com and there’s a link on the main page for "Spanish movies on Sale". Some good titles in there.
Cine español en oferta!
funkydjmcescher is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 01:45 PM
  #3  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 374
DVDGO warning

I've only purchased once from this vendor (I'm in the US), but my experience (unless things do eventually work out) has been a negative one.

I ordered and recieved a disc that turned out to be defective in manufacturing. I was told to return it for replacement and I did so immediately via express mail which tracked it as having been delivered over two weeks ago.

Customer service had been polite and prompt up until this juncture, where I have been told they did not receive the package. After emailing them the information of when I shipped it and the tracking number which proves delivery, I have not heard anything more for about a week.

This was the most expensive disc I never owned and one that I wanted badly. I'll edit this post, of course, if things turn out for the better... but at this point I suspect they don't plan on resolving the situation.
Duckie is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 02:11 PM
  #4  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Re: DVDGO warning

Originally posted by Duckie
I've only purchased once from this vendor (I'm in the US), but my experience (unless things do eventually work out) has been a negative one.

I ordered and recieved a disc that turned out to be defective in manufacturing. I was told to return it for replacement and I did so immediately via express mail which tracked it as having been delivered over two weeks ago.

Customer service had been polite and prompt up until this juncture, where I have been told they did not receive the package. After emailing them the information of when I shipped it and the tracking number which proves delivery, I have not heard anything more for about a week.

This was the most expensive disc I never owned and one that I wanted badly. I'll edit this post, of course, if things turn out for the better... but at this point I suspect they don't plan on resolving the situation.
This belongs in store forum.
Gallant Pig is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 02:41 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OFF-WORLD
Posts: 5,978
I’ve had three orders from them all without a hitch.
jonathan.e is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 03:30 PM
  #6  
Mod Emeritus
 
benedict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Outside of the U.S.A.
Posts: 10,674
Re: Re: DVDGO warning

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
This belongs in store forum.
Are you suggesting that all posts here referring to good/bad service from all non-US non-R1 DVD-etailers should be moved into the Store Forum?
benedict is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 04:21 PM
  #7  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Re: Re: Re: DVDGO warning

Originally posted by benedict
Are you suggesting that all posts here referring to good/bad service from all non-US non-R1 DVD-etailers should be moved into the Store Forum?
Actually I only drop in sometimes, so I didn't realize this place was self-contained. My bad.
Gallant Pig is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 04:25 PM
  #8  
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,732
Originally posted by jonathan.e
I’ve had three orders from them all without a hitch.
I've also had 3 orders and no problems. DVDGo is one of my favorite International DVD stores. This sale looks great. I'll be placing another order this weekend.
TheBigDave is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 04:30 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 210
I've ordered 5 or 6 times and every transaction has been perfectly smoothe. I'd recommend them.
carnifern is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 05:09 PM
  #10  
Mod Emeritus
 
benedict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Outside of the U.S.A.
Posts: 10,674
Re: Re: Re: Re: DVDGO warning

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
[....] I didn't realize this place was self-contained. My bad.
No problem. Drop by again; tell your friends
benedict is offline  
Old 05-04-02, 06:31 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 846
Gotta chime in and say that my experiences with dvdgo have been positive. last year i orderd Day of the beast (fantastic dvd imho)
amd it came shipped in a sturdy cardboard mailer in about week to hawaii.

Last edited by videodrome; 05-04-02 at 06:34 PM.
videodrome is offline  
Old 05-09-02, 04:22 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Damfino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,261
I've had nothing but good experiences with DVDGo. I've used them 6-7 times without incident.

Here's a list of the movies on sale. They all have English subs (extras are generally not subbed) and are also region 2 PAL format:

Airbag

Carretera Y Manta (To the End of the Road)

Cuarteto de la Habana (Havana Quartet)

El Abuelo (The Grandfather)

El Arte de Morir (The Art of Dying)

El Cielo Abierto (Ten Days Without Love) (Literal: "Open Sky")

El Palo (The Holdup)

Entre Las Piernas (Between Your Legs)

Gente Pez (Fish People)

La Gran Vida (Living It Up)

La Mujer más Fea Del Mundo (The Ugliest Woman in the World)

Lágrimas Negras (Black Tears)

Lobos de Washington (Washington Wolves)

Menos es Más (Less is More)

Novios (Sweethearts)

Se Buscan Fulmontis (They Search for Fulmontis) (?)

Sobreviviré (I Will Survive)

Volavérunt (C*nt)

Y Decirte Alguna Estupidez, Por Ejemplo, Te Quiero (And to tell you something stupid, for example, I Love You)

Una Historia de Entonces (You're the One)

-----
Region 1 DVDs exist for "El Abuelo" and "La Gran Vida".

I already own the Spanish DVD of "El Arte De Morir" and it is the only movie on the list that I have seen.

If anyone can help me translate "Se Buscan Fulmontis" or "Volaverunt", please do.

Last edited by Damfino; 05-22-02 at 01:31 PM.
Damfino is offline  
Old 05-10-02, 02:15 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Damfino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,261
Originally posted by AutumnNights
Thanks for the news on this sale !

Question. I looked around on dvdgo.com but couldn't find any mention of when the sale ends. Does anyone know ?
According to their email newsletter, the sale is good thru May31.
Damfino is offline  
Old 05-10-02, 09:12 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: OFF-WORLD
Posts: 5,978
Originally posted by Damfino
If anyone can help me translate "Se Buscan Fulmontis" or "Volaverunt", please do.

Volaverunt is a certain slang word for vagina. It’s closest English translation actually rhymes with the second half of the Spanish word!
jonathan.e is offline  
Old 05-10-02, 01:07 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Damfino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,261
Originally posted by jonathan.e



Volaverunt is a certain slang word for vagina. It?s closest English translation actually rhymes with the second half of the Spanish word!
Wow. For a period costume drama featuring Penelope Cruz this seems to be a bizarre title even for a Bigas Luna project.

Have you seen this movie? If so what did you think?
Damfino is offline  
Old 05-22-02, 01:42 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Damfino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,261
My order from DVDGo arrived today.

I got "Airbag" and "Entre Las Piernas" from this sale along with "Tesis", "El Día de la Bestia", "Vacas" and "Don Quijote de Orson Welles".

DVDGo deducted 16% IVA (VAT) from my order so all of these titles are being sold for approx $11.30 US each. Shipping for 6 DVDs was approx $16.

This sale ends May 31, so you have 9 days to take advantage of it.
Damfino is offline  
Old 05-26-02, 09:56 AM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 96
"se buscan fulmontis" means that they are looking for people who will do "the full monty"

mauro
Maur0 is offline  
Old 05-26-02, 01:09 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 195
Thanks for the heads up.

I just ordered Arte de Morir on sale.

Also picked up Los Sin Nombre.
late_but_earnest is offline  
Old 07-08-02, 04:25 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Førresfjorden Norway
Posts: 1,144
Originally posted by Damfino
My order from DVDGo arrived today.

I got "Airbag" and "Entre Las Piernas" from this sale along with "Tesis", "El Día de la Bestia", "Vacas" and "Don Quijote de Orson Welles".

DVDGo deducted 16% IVA (VAT) from my order so all of these titles are being sold for approx $11.30 US each. Shipping for 6 DVDs was approx $16.

This sale ends May 31, so you have 9 days to take advantage of it.
Hey there, was wondering if you could comment on the Tesis disc. Was it anamorphic? I*m looking at a zone 2 from play.com but its not optimised. Thanks
FaustBos is offline  
Old 09-01-02, 08:54 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 862
Does DVDGo charge your credit-card when the order is placed or when it's shipped?

Thanks.
cine is offline  
Old 09-01-02, 10:57 PM
  #21  
Moderator
 
TheBigDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,732
Originally posted by cine
Does DVDGo charge your credit-card when the order is placed or when it's shipped?
They charge when the order is shipped.
TheBigDave is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.