International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Does anybody know??????

Old 05-03-02, 02:28 PM

Does anybody know??????

I have been looking for one of the best Russian films called "The Barber of Siberia" on dvd. However, I could'nt find it here in the
United States, but Germany has it without English subtitles. Does anyone know where I could find it, any region, but with english subs.

Additional info. - The epic film is directed by Nikita Mihalkov
Actors - Oleg Men'shekov
Richard Harris
Katherine Denaneuve

Please Help...ANYBODY
Old 05-03-02, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...I have the French DVD of this epic Russian/French/Italian/Czech co-production... when selecting the VO (Original Version) you get 'locked' French subtitles (this is a French disc after all!) - the other option is a French dub... iirc about 40% of the dialog is English, 60% is Russian... perhaps someday there will be a UK release of this movie (which, incidentally, was much longer in its original version, as shown in Russia - the DVD contains the 'International' version)...

http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=158

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 05-03-02 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-03-02, 04:04 PM

I took a quick look for it on most of the sites/stores listed in this thread. Couldn't find the movie, only ran across the soundtrack at one place. (then again, maybe I couldn't find it at some places because I can't input cryllic)...

fyi- it's generally regarded as bad form to post the same question twice in two days.

Cheers,
Gabe