Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Once Upon A Time In West????

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 04-11-02, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I find this DVD, any region?
Old 04-11-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's available in Region 2 Italy but there are no English subtitles and no English soundtrack.
Old 04-11-02, 08:57 PM
Cool New Member

here is the link

http://www.dvd.it/index.cgi?sid=179...dett&arti=17231

and the link to the thead i was involved in almost a year ago. By the way if you get a copy you can send one to me and for that I will like you.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...16#post1866516
Old 04-12-02, 12:07 AM

Here is the link to the actual dvd:

http://www.dvd.it/index.cgi?sid=1792...ett&arti=17231

JohnN
Old 10-11-03, 10:14 PM
Cool New Member

Finally

I got the region 2 release even though I live in the states and I think it is great. (Thanks to Mythical ala IMDB message boards for the dvdbreakdown.com site). If you are a fan of this film no matter what Paramount released,it will never be enough because the film itself is so good, one always wants more. I was hoping for some deleted scenes but we get some photos instead. I have to assume that the footage is long gone or could not be acquired. Either way we get the final cut from the director so no complaints there. The commentaries were good but I think I would have liked to have seen each commentator have the opportunity to comment on the whole film separately to get their total point of view. Some of the commentaries were so good and in depth that I wanted more and then suddenly we are introduced to another commentator. John Carpenter remarked that he had not scene the film for a long time. What? Why? And his comments seemed to be on the fly. I am not sure why he was chosen but what I did like about his commentary was that it was loose and not forced and very relaxed I would have loved to have heard all of his commentary This release could have been a lot worse as it stands it is much more than I hoped for. I had to watch it on my computer as I do not have a region free DVD player I ordered it from Amazon UK for those die hard fans that can not wait until 11/18/2003 On the whole I am impressed. Go to the dvdbreakdown.com and read the review. It looked wonderful. I especially liked the documentaries and especially the past and present photos of the actual location shots and the way they look today. Wonderful really,and also sad as you realize all the history since the wrap of this masterpiece and the loss of the principle players except for the still ravishing Claudia Cardinale and Including Sergio Leone himself.I think Paramount did a superb job considering that the film was released almost 35 years ago. I guess someone at Paramount realized how important the film was and always will be and for the money itís a pretty good bargain considering all the extras.
Old 10-12-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's coming out Nov. 18th in region 1.
Old 10-24-03, 04:37 PM

There's a limited edition(20.000 units) in germany that comes in a wooden box. It contains the 2-Disc Collector's Edition, a soundtrack cd(although it only has 4 tracks) and....a harmonica!
The price is pretty steep(60$), but i bought it anyway.