Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Godzilla 2003 is GO!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Godzilla 2003 is GO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-02, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Godzilla 2003 is GO!

(posted this in the wrong forum)

I found this on Monster Zero (http://www.cinescape.com/12/editoria...9&obj_id=33317) - damn good news, it sounds like:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Toho has not had the official press announcement yet but the article confirms the new Godzilla film with MechaGodzilla as his opponent and with Masaaki Tezuka (GXM) as director. I did some digging on the Toho website and found a hidden teaser trailer for the film. Check the link at the bottom of this article. The trailer uses scenes from GXM and calls the film Godzilla X MechaGodzilla even though the news article says the film doesn't have a name yet. It also has a teaser for the next Hamutaro film as well. Below are highlights of the article provided by Ubu Suzuki:

"Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - the fourth battle after 9 years"

On March 7th, we found out that Godzilla and Mechagodzilla will face off in 9 years for the Toho New Year movie. Mechagodzilla is very popular as a cyborg kaiju since it appeared for the first time in

1974. As the fourth battle this time Mechagodzilla is all powered up to be just right for high technology age and will challenge Godzilla. Toho decided to play the popular animation "Totoko Hamutaro" with the new Godzilla movie as they did last year.

Since the 21 century began, full-scale Robot age arrived and Mechagodzilla will come back. A Toho producer, Shogo Toyama says "The question raised is why the enemy is Mechagodzilla is the underlying basis of the story of this movie." The title is not confirmed yet. The director is Akimasa Tezuka from Godzilla vs Megagilas in 2000. Mechagodzilla as if it is made of space metal was initially introduced in 74. It increased attention to be known as another godzilla that fires missiles from its body and beam from eyes.

Since then it appeared three times and was destroyed by Godzilla three times. As a super cyborg being highly graded up with high technology Mechagodzilla tries to bring down Godzilla this time. The detail is not released. The new movie is planed to start playing in December.

In the series 25th movie GMK, King Gidrah and Mosura were all renewed and appeared in the movie, whihch has just made a big topic. Mechagodzilla that has been well popular for some time will also please old fans.

Although this series has been a boxoffice movie and recorded with more than 300 million audience since Godzilla in 84, it has been also struggled with all Hollywood movies these years. Last year Totoko Hamutaro which is very popular among pre-school to elementary school kids was brought in to team up with and they made it to increase the number of audience from 1.35 million recorded with Godzilla vs Megagiras up to 2.40 million. The 3 inches and a half tall

Hamutaro is brought in to help for this time again. The director is Mr. Desaki and tries to contribute to success with the number of audience to 3 million.
Old 03-09-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, but when am i gonna be able to see this?

Sh*t man i'm pissed that these are getting released in Japan and not here. Godzilla 2000 wasnt enough, i need more "man in a rubber lizard suit trashing a model of tokyo" fun.

I hope this released here....with Japanese & english tracks
Old 03-10-02, 12:17 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by UAIOE
Yes, but when am i gonna be able to see this?

Sh*t man i'm pissed that these are getting released in Japan and not here. Godzilla 2000 wasnt enough, i need more "man in a rubber lizard suit trashing a model of tokyo" fun.

I hope this released here....with Japanese & english tracks
We seem to run a year or so behind Japan - I heard tell that Toho was in the middle of setting up a deal with Sony to release All Monsters Attack! (the most recient G movie) here in the US. There's even the occasional subtitled version floating around out there that pops up at film festivles from time to time - so the future dosent look that bleak.
Old 03-10-02, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah!