Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDShelf problems & questions

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-05-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

So their shipping is high. In order to maximize the shipping, I ordered five items. They were all in stock when I ordered them. They only shipped 3 items and the two that I actually wanted were cancelled. Checking their website just now, they are showing as In Stock and the other is showing as On Order (2 days wait). Why would they ship me the order incomplete if the items were in stock or at worst a 2 day wait? I'm pretty upset about this, is this how DVDShelf operates usually? They should've notified me of out of stock items I think. Or at least held my order until it was complete. Won't be ordering from them again unless they reply to an email I sent them with some good news for me. Anyone else have any problems with them ever?
Old 03-05-02, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I encountered this situation a couple of times in my orders with DVDShelf. What they did in those instances was they reduced the shipping charges in proportion to the number of items that they did not ship. But I have not ordered from them for awhile hence I do not know if they still maintain this practice.
Old 03-05-02, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trigger,

Yes, they do have a habit of cancelling items not presently in stock (I suspect they don't maintain their database at all well) and they do generally refund the shipping charges comensurate to the number of items cancelled - that is two fifths of the original shipping charge plus the cost of the cancelled items. In my experience however, they have generally given it a few days before cancelling items.

If you want to get an email response, I would suggest emailing Elaine and copying David (I think he might manage the whole operation). Their addresses are: [email protected] and [email protected]

Also, do let them know that you are not happy with the situation (in a polite way of course)... it may not reap you any material rewards, but at least if enough people in your situation relay negative feedback to them, they might start to take notice and change their practices.

regards, Tim...