Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD shopping in Sydney

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DVD shopping in Sydney

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-02, 02:56 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD shopping in Sydney

Will be visiting Sydney soon...Can I know any recommended shops where I can buy some R4s in city area ?

Thanks
Old 03-01-02, 06:10 AM

The Sydney-based folks at www.dvdplaza.com.au would be in the best position to help on cheap DVDs in Sydney. Whether you'd save much compared to buying over the internet is debateable because non-Australian residents can remove the 10% GST on their orders.
Old 03-01-02, 06:49 PM

Hi,

There are plenty of DVD stores in Sydney, but none of the stores are as cheap as the On-line stores and their service is excellent, so if you're in Sydney for over a week and can therefore use a mailing address then checkout www.atlanticdvd.com.au.
They've got Super specials starting at AU$16.95 with many at around AU$17.50, with a free delivery option as well.

www.dvdplaza.com.au is an excellent starting place with many excellent reputable e-tailers associated with their site. They also have a price crawler service that will give you the best price for a DVD from their e-tailers.

Regards

Gman

Last edited by Gman; 03-01-02 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-04-02, 03:56 AM

Worth looking in to ChaosDVD (283 George St.)

Dazza.
Old 03-04-02, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I was there I bought a few discs at HMV. They had a discount when you bought two DVDs (if I remember correctly) so it wasn't that bad a deal.
Old 03-04-02, 03:52 PM

Ok, in the city these are the options:

Chaos Music (below street level)
Fish Records (upstairs section for DVDs):

- these are both in George Street almost next door to the Wynyard rail (subway) station. The two stores are next door to each other and are on the left as you are walking down toward the Sydney Harbour end of George Street. There is also another smaller Fish Records store further down George Street on the right hand side.

HMV Shop:

- below street level in the Pitt Street Mall (right in the centre of the city). As Tyler_Durden said, they often have 2 for $AUD50 deals going (usually Colombia Tri-Star titles).

Grace Brothers and David Jones department stores:

- both stores are accessible from the Pitt Street Mall. To get to David Jones enter the Centrepoint Arcade and walk to the end... there you will find the entrance to their DVD section. Grace Brothers can be found opposite the Centrpoint arcade in the Pitt Street Mall. They are both at the Market Street end of the mall.

There are also a number of small stores selling DVDs and VCDs in Chinatown which is close to Central railway station - just ask anyone you see for directions.

Hope this helps.

regards, Tim..
Old 03-04-02, 08:51 PM
Cool New Member

A big thanks to all...Although I love shopping online but there are times you just want to be at brick and mortar shop...

Thanks fellows

Last edited by DizzyD; 03-07-02 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-06-02, 05:47 AM

I use Dick Smith Powerhouse

I have found that Dick Smith Powerhouse is the cheapest B&M store/s around Sydney. They have many locations. Go to www.dse.com.au to find a location near to where you will be staying. Make sure it's Dick Smith Powerhouse and not just an ordinary Dick Smith Electronics store.

There are Target and Kmart stores scattered throughout the city but really only cheap during their frequent 15% off sales.

Avoid HMV in Pitt Street. They have some of the highest prices in Australia for DVDs except for the distributor promos (eg. Columbia 2 for AU$50).