Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Taxi - Korean Version Cut??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-02, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my old version with the Korean release of Taxi, and I noticed one scene that was cut. The scene where they show his girlfriend nude, just for a little bit, when he throws the sheets over his head, and acts like a ghost.

Now, I can't remember all of it, but if this scene is cut, what else could be cut? Is there something wrong with nudity in Korea??

I wanted to get the Korean version of Taxi 2 too, but not if it is cut.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-02, 07:56 AM

Damn, I had never seen Taxi before last night when I watched the new Korean release. That girl was a hottie, it's a real shame they cut her nude scene. I hope nothing else was cut, still the picture and sound quality on this release was excellent. My sub sure got a good workout!
Old 02-18-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by codefree
Damn, I had never seen Taxi before last night when I watched the new Korean release. That girl was a hottie, it's a real shame they cut her nude scene. I hope nothing else was cut, still the picture and sound quality on this release was excellent. My sub sure got a good workout!
That is why I replaced it. THis is the best R0 version out right now, but not if it's cut.
Old 02-18-02, 11:28 AM

Films in Korea can not show full frontal nudity. So the scene was cut. It was like a split-second from what I remember.
Old 02-18-02, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tristran
Films in Korea can not show full frontal nudity. So the scene was cut. It was like a split-second from what I remember.
Yeah, it wasn't very long at all, and I think it was just the breasts, but I really wish I would of known that before I upgraded.

I kinda figured that was how Korea was, since I can't remember seeing nudity in any of the current films I have seen.

So, as far as you know that is the only seen cut?
Old 02-18-02, 01:43 PM

I think that was the only scene cut. The Universe release is listed at 90 mins and the SRE release is listed at 93.

There was more than breasts in that scene. Its okay to show breasts in Korea films.
Old 02-18-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tristran
I think that was the only scene cut. The Universe release is listed at 90 mins and the SRE release is listed at 93.

There was more than breasts in that scene. Its okay to show breasts in Korea films.
Where can I get the Universe Version? I have only seen the Forel [A Taiwan-Based Distributor], which HKFlix shows as 80min, and the Korean version which they say is 93min...

I would rather have the UNCUT version.
Old 02-18-02, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by roseart
I would rather have the UNCUT version.
You'd rather have a disc with inferior video quality than the only version with English subs that's anamorphic minus two seconds of tits (i.e. the Korean version)?
Old 02-18-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by codefree

You'd rather have a disc with inferior video quality than the only version with English subs that's anamorphic minus two seconds of tits (i.e. the Korean version)?
But what tits they are. You’re right though, I will hold on to this one, until another comes out. The Video/Sound is to good to pass up. I just get a little peeved when something is cut.

Thanks code for setting me straight.
Old 02-18-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While we're at it; Tristran is there anything cut in the Korean Taxi 2 version?
Old 02-18-02, 03:17 PM

Is the Korean version of Taxi 2 the one from Universe Laser? That's the one I have and while I don't know for certain if it's uncut or not, the anamorphic picture and dts track kick major ass!
Old 02-18-02, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you can getn the Universe Laser release from DDDHouse.com prety inexpensively.
Old 02-18-02, 07:58 PM

The Korean version of Taxi 2 is released by the same company: SRE Corp. (Saerom). It has the same running time as the HK Universe release (88 minutes) and there is no nudity or excessive violence so nothing would be cut.

It is also dual-layered and region-free with a making-of (8 mins, Korean subs only), cast & crew info, trailer and trailers for Taxi, April Story, Central Station and Center of the World.

The picture seems slightly better but the audio is about the same. If you can play region-3 titles, the Universe release might be better since it is less than half the price.
Old 02-19-02, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Tristran