Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bensonsworld problem: your feedback, please

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Bensonsworld problem: your feedback, please

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crud! I was hoping I was wrong since they beat Bensonsworld by a couple of pounds on some pro-wrestling DVD's I am going to buy. Oh well.
Old 02-20-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by dablueguy

They do appear to be cheaper, but it seems that they don't ship to the U.S.. Or am I wrong?
Did they change this recently? I order my copy of shenmue II from them. I'm in the US of A
Old 02-21-02, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by sistasoulja

Did they change this recently? I order my copy of shenmue II from them. I'm in the US of A

I don't know, when did you order from them? I suppose that I will e-mail them as well.
Old 02-21-02, 05:59 AM

They do appear to be cheaper, but it seems that they don't ship to the U.S.. Or am I wrong?
sorry about that! As far as i know they did ship to the USA...
Old 02-24-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I've got a defective HKL disc from Bensonsworld and I have to get a replacement. They don't appear ready to reimburse me for shipping and according to the USPS international rates, the cheapest way to ship it back to them will cost me $15. Is this right? I guess I'll find out when I go to the post office tomorrow morning. I know it's not their fault the disc was defective, but at the same time; I don't feel like I should pay more to send it back than I paid in the first place. If this is the case, I guess I'll just place a separate order and actually save money.
Old 02-25-02, 08:41 AM

Quick question for Yellow Hammer. Which region free player did you end up getting? Did you get the malata? Any of your impressions of the player would be appreciated.

To get this back on topic. I was saving up to get the Malata but I found out bensonsworld's martial arts promotion ends at the last of the week. I couldn't resist hehe. I placed my first order with them for Fist of Fury, The Big Boss, Way of the Dragon, Iron Monkey and Police Story. I used a debit card. I hope that wasn't the wrong thing to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Clint

Last edited by Rocky_Raccoon; 02-25-02 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-25-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a Shinco region-free player and a modded Sony player but neither does PAL. I play PAL-encoded DVDs for the time being on one of my computers.

On my last trip to HK I did not pick up the Malata N996. At the time I was uncertain about working with older firmware. Now that the November firmware seems pretty solid, I think I'm going to go with it. The wife is going next week and I think I'll ask her to pick one up but I'm leery of having someone else buy me something electronic, especially a DVD player.

Back to Bensonworld, one of the DVDs that I ordered from Bensonworld (Armour of God) freezes on me at the 1:07:59 mark. Cust service was very quick to respond and for them to give me instructions on how to return the DVD. Returned the DVD by sending it as first class main to UK - $1.60 from the US. Hopefully it'll arrive there in a week. Then hopefully it'll get back to me in anotther week or so.
Old 02-25-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never a problem with them (ordered about a dozen discs). Bensons are a great company to deal with.
Old 02-27-02, 12:19 AM

So far, I have ordered and received eight HKL DVDs from Bensonsworld. Two of the eight were floaters, both scratched up, but played fine on my Malata N996. I have no hesitation recommending Bensonsworld.

For Canadians, Bensonsworld is very customs friendly.

Dave
Old 02-27-02, 01:53 PM

Debit card at Bensons World?

Originally posted by Rocky_Raccoon
I used a debit card. I hope that wasn't the wrong thing to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Please post when you find out if this transaction went through OK or not. I would be interested in using my debit card to order from Bensons World if they take them.
Old 02-27-02, 04:15 PM

Sure thing bghill. I am hoping it does. It hasn't yet but they just sent me the email yesterday asking if I was able to play R2 discs. How long after that does it usually take for them to ship out the discs and do they send an email saying it shipped? Thanks.

Clint
Old 02-27-02, 05:18 PM

Clint, thanks. I can't help with how long they usually take -- I haven't ever used them. I'm just getting started in this whole DVD thing.
Old 02-27-02, 06:41 PM
Suspended

I too have had a great experience with them. I ordered Futurama and was e-mailed asking that I was sure I wanted to buy a region 2 disc. They have fantastic customer service.
Old 02-28-02, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Debit card at Bensons World?

Originally posted by bghill

Please post when you find out if this transaction went through OK or not. I would be interested in using my debit card to order from Bensons World if they take them.

As long as it's a VISA debit card there would be no problem. You might check with your bank though to see if there is an extra fee for the currency conversion. I have done this a few times.
Old 02-28-02, 09:27 AM

It's a Mastercard Debit. Does that make a difference? I use it all the time with DDDHouse and haven't had a problem so I am hoping it will work with Bensons.

Clint
Old 02-28-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know, when did you order from them? I suppose that I will e-mail them as well.
in decemember i belive i guess they change their policy since
Old 03-01-02, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They finally did e-mail me back stating that they do not ship outside of Europe. Back to Benson's World....
Old 03-03-02, 11:22 AM

bghill, not sure if you are still out there but thought I would let you know the current status. I didn't have any luck with my mastercard debit card. We have been emailing back and forth about it for several days. I called my bank to ask them why it wasn't going thru, but they weren't much help. All of the staff at Bensons were very helpful and understanding and kept me informed the whole way. I am very impressed so far with their customer service. I asked them if they accept paypal and they said they did. I sent them a paypal payment for the total of the order about an hour ago. Hopefully everything will work out fine from here on out hehe.

Clint
Old 03-03-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Slumbering Fist

UPDATE- Encounter shipped out today, so within a week- I placed an order- they (double) checked with me to make sure I was PAL and Reg 2 capable before sending/charging my DVDs- shipped one movie right away- the other took an extra day or two- and the final one shipped out today, one week after I placed my order.

I'll update further when my DVDs arrive, see how well they were packed or any loose ones...
Police Story finally arrived, so roughly it took almost a month to get my (in stock) DVD after I made my order. I live in TN... My second one arrived, right on time, two days after the first.

My DVD was packaged in a perferated cardboard 6X9 mailer. In the states its usaully bubble mailers. So far, no DVD was loose.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 03-05-02 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-04-02, 12:01 AM

Clint, thanks for the update.
Old 03-04-02, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been mostly pleased with Bensonsworld as well as my friend... However, upon placing my latest (2nd) order with them, they thought I was a new customer even though I used the same CC and Account # as my previous order (it was more than 7-8 months ago however). They got back to me right away though and said they found it in their old system and sent my order out the next day. That was on March 1st. I'll post when I recieve them.
Old 03-04-02, 03:09 PM

Bensons World

Have ordered from Benson's World numerous times with satisfactory results. Discs usually arive in <2 weeks (California), unless they were pre-orders of course.

Have never had a loose disc as far as I can recall, but did have one movie simply fail to arrive ("Man Bites Dog"). This was shipped a little before Christmas and has yet to turn up, so I'm assuming it never will. I chose not to report this to them though, because I don't want them to stop shipping to the US like Under18/SplashDVD have (due to too many discs lost in transit).
Old 03-07-02, 08:10 AM

Does Bensons send out an email when your order has shipped? I haven't received anything from them since Sunday. Thanks.

Clint
Old 03-07-02, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recently, I've had an email notification for all my shipped orders. A while ago, it was 50-50 on whether I would get notification or not.

So now, I would expect the email, yes.

Bleddyn
Old 03-07-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I've got an e-mail for every order that has shipped from them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.