Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Complete Battlestar Galactica Announced in R4

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EzyDVD has listed a complete (8 discs) Battlestar Galactica set for around US$100 shipped, to be released in June.

Anyone heard if this is coming in R1?

Last edited by Trinitron; 02-14-02 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-15-02, 11:15 AM

Wow! That is great. I can't wait to get my copy!

One would think that if nothing else, Columbia House will sell this title eventually but it will end up being a lot more expensive through them.
Old 02-15-02, 02:17 PM
Suspended

Does anyone have a better price than the ezydvd hundred bucks? I've done a bit of shopping around, but I've not even seen it listed anywhere else.
Old 02-16-02, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeah! I must have this. Thanks for pointing this out, Trinitron.
Old 02-17-02, 01:28 PM

Interesting tip from the R2 project (link here), which contacted Universal UK and was told that Universal is contemplating a release in R1 and R2, but that the episodes needed to be remastered before they could do it.

I went ahead and preordered the R4, since it sounds like it could be a while before we see anything here. Those willing to wait for a perfect release may want to hold off, though.

Last edited by Trinitron; 02-17-02 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-17-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the link... sounds like the other regions have quite a wait ahead of them. Looks like I'll definitely be ordering the R4 set then.
Old 02-18-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like www.dvdorchard.com.au also has this up for preorder now. Let the price wars begin!
Old 05-23-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone ordered and received this yet?
Old 05-24-02, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by vapoRware
Has anyone ordered and received this yet?
It does not come out for a while yet. I can't remember the exact date but I think it was at least mid-June if not later in the summer.
Old 05-24-02, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe it comes out June 12th.
Old 05-24-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually had one of those "forgot which month it was" moments. D'oh!!!!!
Old 05-24-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It might be delayed

I got this e-mail from DVDOrchard last week:

Spoke to Universal re this package. It has apparently been put back to October 9, 2002 - and apparently that's for everyone (including those "special" sites with "exclusive" releases - exclusive in only the packaging I should add).

This is the best information I have to date so we'll see what happens.

I haven't seen this information confirmed anywhere else yet, but we may have to wait until October for this thing...

www.battlestargalactica.com is having a Q&A session with the DVD set's creators in the next few days, so we'll get some definite answers then.
Old 05-29-02, 01:28 AM
Suspended

EZdvd sent me this note regarding the delay of the Galactica set:

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

R4 BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DVD BOXSET
POSTPONED UNTIL MID-2003

Earlier this year Universal Pictures Video Australia announced the planned release of a Battlestar Galactica DVD Box Set for June 2002. This has now been postponed until Mid-2003.

Tim Smith, Senior Product Manager for Universal Pictures Video Australia explains: "After initially announcing the box set some months ago we never imagined the groundswell of support for this release not only from Australian fans, but also from fans from all over the world. We had received so much feedback from fans as to what they would like to see in the collection - as it stands today it simply does not do a release of this calibre the justice it deserves in order to be ready for its original planned release date".

"Many additional elements I had hoped to have ready for our release are still being researched at this very moment in the U.S. and simply would not be ready to make our planned release date. In addition to this, there are major sound and image enhancements being carried out to the original masters. Whilst our local digital masters were assessed and cleared for DVD authoring, it makes more sense to await for the extensive remastering to allow the very best quality that DVD can provide".

"In 2003 there will be a lot of activity surrounding the 25th Anniversary of Battlestar Galactica, including a planned new television mini-series. I believe the decision to postpone the release is the best we could make at this moment. I say to fans - you are being heard, just hold out a little longer - you'll not be disappointed."

Should you have any queries or would like further updates on the Battlestar Galactica DVD Collection, please contact Universal on the following e-mail address:

[email protected]
Old 05-29-02, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reading between the lines here, I think it's likely that Region 1 will get a release as well. Oh well, I'm going to cancel my preorders and wait this one out... I like to preorder, but not 12-14 months in advance!