Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Avenging Fist

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-02, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avenging Fist

Looks like dddhouse is taking pre-orders for this Andy Lau / Corey Yuen flick. For those who don't know this was originally supposed to be the Tekken flick, before all the legal troubles.

Has anyoen seen this. I think I am going to take the chance on it. With Yuen Biao and Sammo its worth the risk. Although from the few reviews I read about it only mediocre. I guess for an old school martial arts movie guy like myself it is asking too much for some old fashioned kick-ass fight scenes in a HK release these days. If anyone knows of any in recent years I would appreciate the recommendations.
Old 01-30-02, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fights aren't that great, unfortunately, suffering from the "Stormriders" syndrome of too much MTV-style cutting. The special effects are pretty decent.
Interesting note:At the end of the credits, there was a note specifying that the film has nothing to do with Namco nor Tekken(or something to that effect.)