Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warrior - When is the DVD release?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know when Warrior (w/ Zhang Ziyi) will be available on DVD? I've seen it on VCD in Korean with no subtitles at YesAsia for $12. But, I can't speak Korean, and I want a DVD...If this is available, I'm thinking the DVD release must be near...Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Old 01-26-02, 03:27 PM

DVD

It's due within the first few weeks of Feburary. However Korean street dates are rarely reliable.
Old 01-26-02, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks...do you know if it will be English subtitled? And does anyone have it for preorder yet? I haven't seen it at HKFlix or DDDHouse or any of the other usual places from which I order asian DVDs...
Old 01-26-02, 06:59 PM

Yesasia have got it down as a release date of 31/1 with no English subtitles
Old 01-26-02, 09:07 PM

Yesasia hardly reliable

You know, I would put exactly zero stock in whatever Yesasia says. This is a site that continues to sell bootlegs blatantly out in the open (virtually all their anime inventory these days...). They also claimed that they would have an English subtitled VCD for Friend (Chingu) months ago, which surprise surprise never came. I won't even begin to catalouge some of the numerous erroneous subtitle information they have provided for past preoders. Obviously they aren't a credible source for much these days. Charmes.de has it listed as Korean/Cantonese/Mandarin with Korean and English subtitles. A lack of subtitles is extremely unlikely in Korea's current dvd market. Even their biggest film exports have all had English subtitles on their domestic releases.
Old 01-28-02, 12:37 AM

i wish i read your post before buying a crap load of korean dvds from yesasia.... are they also bootlegs?
Old 01-28-02, 03:41 AM

Korean dvd's

These days I would say 99% of Korean DVD's have English subs.They are usually anamorphic and the big releases are usually special editions...Anything less will probably be a bootleg..Even smaller, arty movies that didn't do well are given the special edition treatment..Considering Musa was a big budget affair I would expect lots of extras too....Not sure when it'll be out though..Came out on rental video a little before Xmas..I've looked at the streetdates for early Feb and it's not among them(JSA was due late Jan but didn't appear!!)..I heard there was a Hong Kong DVD due in early Feb though..(Korean DVD"s don't usually include chinese language track either-maybe another hint it may be from HK)
Old 01-29-02, 10:16 AM

Musa

Korean DVD is scheduled for "Mid 2002"..........

JSA is due in 2 weeks(@ disc with lots of extras.)