Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Available: Three Colors Red R4

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 01-25-02, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/219751

The other two must be coming soon...
Old 01-27-02, 01:19 AM

All three discs are out now, but they're 4:3 and supposedly taken from the VHS masters. With no R1 editions available at present, the best editions for those who don't speak French are those available in the UK. Anamorphic widescreen picture and looks pretty good for all the comments I've read.
Old 01-28-02, 12:31 AM

Where does the 4:3 information come from? EzyDVD lists Red as widescreen, but does not comment on White or Blue.

They also say Red has an AC-3 track, which is not on the UK version of Red I have, though the UK versions of Blue and White do have it, and the packaging for Red lists the AC-3 track. All three of the UK discs look excellent, but Red is slightly softer. This is what makes me want to know more about the PAL 4 disc for Red.
Old 01-28-02, 07:07 AM

The VideoShift has all three R4 DVDs listed as letterbox, Dolby Digital 2.0 and with burnt in English subtitles. Red was the last to be issued and Blue and White were released before Christmas 2001.

However, since Shock (the distributor) does not provide review DVDs to websites, none of the reliable Region 4 sites has any reviews. Whilst all three DVDs are supposed to be out, I have not seen them for sale anywhere and cannot refer to the DVD covers themselves for confirmation of configuration.

It is unlikely that they pose any serious challenge to the R2 (UK) releases though. Like many in R4 land, I am awaiting details of any R1 release before indulging in either the R2 or R1 releases.

Ian