Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dr. Wai DVD Question

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Dr. Wai DVD Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-02, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr. Wai DVD Question

Can anyone tell me why I was able to pick up Dr. Wai In The Scripture With No Words from a US e-tailer, but was unable to find it at DDDHouse or HiViZone?
I'm not complaining - just curious.

It's a Mei Ah release but has been stickered with 'World Video'. It came in the blue keepcase we all know and love and carries a IIA rating. Is it just a rights issue?

As everyone probably knows, but I'll pass it on anyway, HKL is currently working on a 2-disk Special Edition of Naked Killer. How cool is THAT!

Cyberdemon
Old 01-25-02, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which e-tailer did you get it from?
Old 01-25-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
It's price was reduced to around $5 only a few months ago. Once I finally got a list of enough titles together for an order, I went back to Hivizone & was bummed to find no listing for it anymore.
Old 01-25-02, 03:59 PM

Dr. Wai is technically "out of print" right now. Mei Ah had the license to manufacture it until recently (a few months ago). And World Video acquired the rights to it around that time. World Video apparently just had Mei Ah manufacture it for them, however, and put a World Video sticker over it; so it is effectively the exact same disc as the old Mei Ah one (but for slightly different art, and the stickers).

World Video's right to manufacture this title has now expired, so they will only have a 6-month (approx.) sell-off period. After that, rights to this title go over to Disney/Miramax/Dimension. If you want to see this film in the original language, we recommend grabbing a copy of the World Video version while it's around. There's no telling what Disney/Miramax/Dimension will do to this flim once they release it (or if/when they will release it).
Old 01-25-02, 04:44 PM

For those interested, I picked it up from Jim at http://www.themovie-store.com/
Good luck!

Cyberdemon