International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Peking Opera Blues

Old 01-18-02, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peking Opera Blues

I was just wondering if anybody could give any info on the best version and price on this film. Any reviews are welcome too. Thanks.
Old 01-18-02, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there really is only one DVD version that is readily available and that is the Megastar version. Costs around $10US at DDDHouse. There probably is a Japanese version as well but I've never seen it and it would probably be hard to find.
Old 01-19-02, 10:06 AM

If you can wait and have r2 capability ( PAL ) you should wait, or at least buy it when it comes out, for the Hong Kong Legends version that they will release some time in the future.

Look here:http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/pr/Pr07goldprin.htm
for information.

Ericf
Old 01-19-02, 07:10 PM

Coolness. thanks for the info.
Old 06-28-02, 05:17 AM

Is there any word on a R1 release for this. I know Disney has North American rights, so is there any wor of them releasing it soon. Maybe in the similar fashion as Chungking Express?
Old 06-28-02, 08:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
My R1 edition is from Media Asia, it was a little pricey and the transfer isnt stellar, but I am glad to own it cause it's my favourite HK action flick.

My first time I saw this film was at a American Institute screening of this film and on the big screen it was absolutely amazing.
Old 06-29-02, 09:56 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

this movie is great
Old 06-29-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Giles
My R1 edition is from Media Asia, it was a little pricey and the transfer isnt stellar, but I am glad to own it cause it's my favourite HK action flick.

My first time I saw this film was at a American Institute screening of this film and on the big screen it was absolutely amazing.
Media Asia doesn't make DVDs... they're a production company. You most likely have the Tai Seng rebadge of the Mega Star DVD (which is still available at DDDHouse for 10 bucks) which is Region 0. Amazon is apparently selling it for 40 bucks. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you paid a little too much whatever it was you paid. Most of Media Asias films come out on Mega Star DVD I think. It's easy to confuse the two anyway. I have this DVD and I think the movie rocks as well. I posted a review of it quite awhile back... maybe I'll dig it up for kicks.
Old 06-29-02, 07:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh so sorry, looking at the DVD it looks like its the Mega Star release, and having bought it Tower, I had paid somewhere between 20-30 bucks for it.
Old 06-30-02, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giles
Oh so sorry, looking at the DVD it looks like its the Mega Star release, and having bought it Tower, I had paid somewhere between 20-30 bucks for it.
don't feel too bad about it, I bought it IN HONG KONG 3 years ago and it was around $25US back then. Same goes for Storm Riders and Once Upon A Time in China. Prices sure have come down since.