Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Christophe Gans "The Adventurer" :)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 01-17-02, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for this. I loved Le Pacte Des Loups...

From kfccinema:

The Adventurer
In a recent interview, Christophe Gans (Le Pacte Des Loups), has revealed a little of is next film, "The Adventurer." An adaptation of the French Comic Book, "Bob Morane," "The Adventurer" is going to be full of "magic kung fu" and we will see the return of Philip Kwok for the fights choreographies.

Envisioned with a larger budget than "Le Pacte Des Loups," the movie follows the famous detective Bob Morane against an association of Chinese criminals using magic to achieve their evil plan. Morane will be played by Vincent Cassel. The casting also includes Mark Dacascos and Michael Rooker. The filming should begin within one year, in part in Thailand and with the same crew as Le Pacte Des Loups.
Old 01-17-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,217 Likes on 811 Posts
Wooooooooooo! Bob Morane! Darn, that brings back memories. Unless you're french speaking you are probably unfamiliar with these books but when I was a teenager, I've owned (and read) over 100 of them! Bob Morane, his sidekick Bill Ballantine, and their arch-nemesis L'Ombre Jaune. Can't wait to see what Gans makes out of it!

Here's an interview (in French) with Gans where he talks about the project:

http://www.cplus.fr/cinema/speciales...vd/morane.html

Last edited by eXcentris; 01-17-02 at 11:33 AM.