Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

anyone hear of Sino Dutch War 1661 starring Chui Man Cheuk ??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-01, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this on the home page of dddhouse. I think Chui Man CHeuk is a great martial artist and was wondering if this flick was worth picking up. I can't seem to find any info about it on the net.
Old 12-11-01, 02:26 AM

http://www.hkwinson.com/show_movie_en.asp?ID=8
Sino Dutch War
Synopsis:
In 1645,young Zheng Cheung Gong who was a loyalist came bacj to Ming Dynasty in fujian.later.Zheng's japanese mother tian chuan arrived China from japan.one day zheng,tian and his wife dong met a singer xue liang in a restaurant.xue made tian chuan very happy.and became tian's adopted daughter.at the same time,qing's army attacked fujian.zheng's father surrounded befor ming's emperor was captured and zheng's mother was killed.after serveral years,zheng insisted to fight agaonst qing and devote to Ming Dynasty.one day,zheng met xue liang again.she encourged him to recover taiwan from dutch.zheng acceped her idea and sent her to contact zheng's spy who was now in taiwan.but xue killed herself before zheng succeed to defeat dutch.in 1661,zheng's army destroyed Dutch's warships and fortress and recoverd the whole Taiwan but Zheng died next year

Production Credits:
Producer:
Executive Producer: Li Ning
Director: Wu Zi Niu
Assistant Director:
Script Writer:
Edited by: Ho Man Zhang
Music by: Zheng Shao Tong
Photography: Yi Fu Wo Wu La

Casting:
Chu Man Cheuk Zheng Cheung Gong
Shiu Ling Xue Liang
Yoko Shimada Madam Zheng
Du Zhiu Guo Zheng Zhi Long
Xu Min Emperior Lung
Chu On Dong Shi
Cheung Shan Lee Wai
Ha Tsui Kam Fai
Yin Guang Man Lai
La Ca Lam To Lam Wan
Lee Ding Pao Cheung Ye
Alexander Dutch General
Old 12-11-01, 09:46 PM

I almost added this one to my most recent order. Held off hoping to see some input on the film. Wasn't sure if the "Sino-Dutch War" would include the normally poor acting and dubbed anglos that can take away from an otherwise excellent movie. I do appreciate the synopsis.....looks like it could be an interesting film.