Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Running Out Of Time 2

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Running Out Of Time 2

Old 11-22-01, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Running Out Of Time 2

This may or may not be old news... if it is I'm sorry. I didn't even do a search - I'm a bad boy.

Running Out Of Time Part 2

Yes... This film is apparently in production. Andy Lau of course won't be returning. However, our friend Ching Wan Lau will be. His screen will be shared this time with Ekin Cheng. If that makes you puke, then I'm sorry to have to bring you this news. Dante Lam is directing and Johnny To and Ka-Fai Wai will have their hands in as well. I'm quite excited myself cuz I really liked the first one and this one no doubt will have higher production values. The script could easily suffer from sequelitis, but who knows? Kelly Lin has been a hot little firecracker and getting into some of the bigger movies lately. Her short list of film credits is impressive if you count proximity to talent. Ekin Cheng manages to be in everything - we'll see what he does with this. I'm interested to see what they could possibly make another script about where basically the same thing happens to the same detective twice. Dante Lam has a knack for making good films I think. I can't wait. If this news is really super old - let me know what the status is on this project.

I think it's supposed to be out this Christmas. New DVD to look forward to for 2002! woot!
Old 11-22-01, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is kind of old news, but thats ok

I just wanted to correct you on a major item - Dante Lam actually quit the production over a dispute with the producers. He was unhappy with the lack of a script and basically walked out. Johnnie To has now stepped up to direct the film by himself (without his directing partner).

Is this good or bad news? It depends. Dante's style would have been different from Johnnie but since this is HIS series, I feel that it's good that he directs it himself. Besides, it's time Ekin Cheng finally burst his heroic goody-goody image and actually take on a BAD ASS role. (And we'll atleast have the reliable Lau Ching Wan as a saving grace!)
Old 11-22-01, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the update - I figured it was less than current.

So no Dante, huh? That's too bad, but JT does great work also. The script problem doesn't really give me much confidence in this though. We'll see.