Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

audition - r2 jap horror

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

audition - r2 jap horror

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audition - r2 jap horror

any one got anything to say about this horror film? good or bad compared to ring series???

any suggestions would be great. thanks!
Old 11-13-01, 10:25 PM

there's even a r3 HK version i think.. i'll assume this HK version doesn't stack up to R2 version. right?
Old 11-13-01, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I watched part of this and so far it has some creepy moments... it's a much different pace than The Ring. It's very slow. I saw about half of it and it has a decent build up so far, but not quite enough to make me anxious to see the rest. So-so so far. I'm sure the ending will make up for it. I have the HK DVD and it's fine. The R2 one is most likely superior though.
Old 11-14-01, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
It's very slow. I saw about half of it and it has a decent build up so far, but not quite enough to make me anxious to see the rest. So-so so far. I'm sure the ending will make up for it
Keep watchin Trig, keep watchin
Old 11-14-01, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
I watched part of this and so far it has some creepy moments... it's a much different pace than The Ring. It's very slow. I saw about half of it and it has a decent build up so far, but not quite enough to make me anxious to see the rest. So-so so far. I'm sure the ending will make up for it. I have the HK DVD and it's fine. The R2 one is most likely superior though.

I've got news for you. You can't REALLY comment on this movie until you have seen the ending. The last part of this movie is a whole different animal. Put it to you this way...there were a LOT of people running out of the theatre we were in during the last part.

P.S. If you are squeamish at all, you may NOT want to watch the rest of it.

Don't believe me, read this review:
http://datebook.seattletimes.nwsourc...ent_code=18905

I direct your attention to the "contains graphic scenes of torture" warning. They are not kidding, don't be watching this movie if your kids are running around the house.

Last edited by nekobus; 11-14-01 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-14-01, 09:34 AM

thanks guys. very helpful.

seeming how i'm squimish and all... uhh uhhh
Old 11-14-01, 09:56 AM

When I saw this movie in theatres, I tought the fist hour was really boring, it didn't lead to anything.....just a very long introduction. In the seconh half though, there are so many things that happen and you can't figure out anymore what's real and what's not...but maybe it was intended to be like that.
Well, I didn't like it so much...it wasn't well balanced IMO.
Old 11-14-01, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,317 Likes on 881 Posts
Takashi Miike's Audition is great, but like The Ilse (see Trigger's thread) it's quite disturbing and not for the squeamish! Even more disturbing is Takashi Miike's last film Visitor Q which won the Best Asian Film prize at our Fantasia film fest this year.

About Visitor Q:

"This film is the motion picture equivalent of a bucket of acid thrown in the face of normality and good taste."

For more info (English/Movie Listings/Visitor Q):

http://www.fantasiafest.com

Since this is a 2001 film, I don't believe it's on DVD yet.
Old 11-14-01, 11:46 AM
pum

i just finish watching it minutes ago. i like it. i turned out to like it more than Ringu. i think it's very intelligent film.
maybe it's because i'm asian male...who knows.