Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HK to US in record time?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HK to US in record time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-01, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
HK to US in record time?

Wow... I gotta hand it to UPS - in light of what's been going on, they managed to get my package from Hong Kong (DDDHouse) to Arizona in under 24 hours and it should be at my door in the next 5 hours! I'm impressed. This was quite a large order - 50 DVDs.
Old 11-13-01, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that is impressive! I'm assuming Johnny did special shipping for you via UPS because of your large order? (my dddhouse order came registered mail I think? I had to sign for it at the post office. And show my ID, and smile, and write down my address. And give blood... okay, not that last one... But I was impressed with the verification procedures. (It's reassuring to know that not just anyone can get ahold of my DVDs )

cheers,
Gabe
Old 11-13-01, 10:50 AM

sorry Trigger dont mean to hijack your thread but UPS sucks!!!
I ordered twice from DDDhouse large order 35, 50 dvds, and both times they have delivered to the wrong address, when i got the box everything was correct the invoice and the box address, but they still deliver to the wrong address, they told me my order was suppose to be delivered on a certain date, but didn't get there till a week later then they stated. Now I have another order for the Leslie Dame CD -1500 and they told me it was to be delivered Nov 6 but still hasnt come, Called today and they told me today it will be there guaranteed!!! I don't think UPS knows what "guarantee" means to use the word...

just my thoughts , sorry bout the ranting, but hey I'm happy it came that fast for you....
Old 11-13-01, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

UPS International has been good to me, I get packages basically 2 days after it is sent from HK, which is outstanding.

Tangno, not to hijack the thread once again, but let me know how you feel about the CD-1500. I have this at home, and although I love its nice and space-saving looks and design, there are still some design flaws that I don't like about it. For example there is a middle bar that acts as the 2x4 to hold the unit in place. The problem is is that this bar essentially eliminates 3 shelves from storing DVDs.
Old 11-13-01, 11:42 AM

sorry Trigger...

But yeah I'll do that YH, I just really like the looks of this storage shelf, but yeah i heard it doesnt come close to storing 960 dvds as the web site states... but once i put it together ( that is after UPS delivers the dang thing) ill let you know..

tang
Old 11-13-01, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Don't be sorry - I got my package as promised. I just finished opening all the plastic wrap on all the DVDs and looking them over for scratches and whatnot. Everything's fine - only had one Mei Ah case lose one of the 3 prongs in the spindle and the disc was loose - no scratches though. One out of 50 ain't bad. Nothing was damaged or cracked.

As for UPS vs. FedEx - my friend used to work at the airport loading planes. He told me stories about how UPS handles it and how FedEx handles it - all I can say is that I trust UPS after hearing what he had to say and I wouldn't trust FedEx with anything breakable. My experience with both companies has been a mixed bag. Sometimes my UPS packages look like a 400lb gorilla played rugby with it and other times it looks like they didn't even touch it. I've had FedEx give me the wrong packages recently. I went to the FedEx location near my house where my packages were (computer parts) and they gave me one of my packages and 2 packages that were some other guy's. His packages had a Biohazard sticker on them saying there was dangerous chemicals in them. I had to return to FedEx to get the right packages... I didn't want to open it cuz it might've been anthrax. Anyway - any delivery company can get your package misdelivered, it's not just a UPS thing. Human error is always going to be a factor. I'm not saying this speedy delivery sums up UPS, but it certainly is a stellar achievement for the company in light of what's been going on.