Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What Are The Extra Features on "Solaris" import?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 11-12-01, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 198 Likes on 176 Posts

I understand the "Solaris" import is a two-disc set, but the site I found it at doesn't give much in the way of details. I went to another site and all the details were in Russian. Can anyone tell me what the extras are on this edition?
Old 11-12-01, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the site of Ruscico, the company who produce the disk ( www.ruscico.com ) :
Pictures and filmographies of the film’s authors; Candids from the shooting ground; The biographies of A. Tarkovsky and S. Lem; An episode from a film, a screen adaptation of S. Lem’s “Inquiry of pilot Pirks”; A documentary about D. Banionis “A craftsman from a little town”; An interview with the leading actress N. Bondarchuk; Reminiscences of A. Tarkovsky’s sister; Teasers of the films coming next.

However, it is a two disk set because the movie (169 mins) is spread across two disks - standard Ruscico practice, their edition of Klimov's Come and See , which is distributed by Kino in the US, does the same thing.

Ruscico's extras are often unusual and quirky and unlike extras on other peoples disks
Old 11-12-01, 09:59 PM
Cool New Member

interesting...wonder how the japanese release managed to fit it all onto one disc including extras, etc....?
Old 11-15-01, 02:40 PM

This movie has an intermission so the split is very natural ... very nice set. I'm glad to have it. I'm looking forward to obtaining some other RusCiCo discs ...

- Jeff