Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Le Pacte des Loups (R2, 3 DVD set)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-01, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,317 Likes on 881 Posts

It's all sold out online. So, if anyone over there in R2 land can find it in a store and would be willing to buy it and ship it to me, please let me know! (Hendrik? )

It looks like this:

Old 11-12-01, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...ordered mine from cinéstore last week (after àlapage canceled my order from a month ago!) and received confirmation of the order (but no confirmation of shipment - yet)...

...just looked on the cinéstore site and noticed that they now only offer the two-disc édition collector...

...as a former collegue used to say when she beat me at poker: "ahahaha so haha sorry ahahaha"...

. . . . . .
Old 11-12-01, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hendrik, stop taunting me or I'll pray that your shipment gets lost.

Oh well... In the unlikely event that you see it anywhere, could you e-mail me?

Merci beaucoup
Old 11-13-01, 04:41 AM

check out http://www.fnac.com
i think they still have it!

btw, if anyone has an english subtitle translation or english script for this film, please please please email it to me!! help!!!
Old 11-13-01, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...yup! apparently they still have the three-disc set!

http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.as...n=3&Ra=-3&To=0

The postman brought me my limited edition set this morning (#55914) and it's, like, WOW!!! The most elaborate SE of a single movie yet:

- Disc 1 includes an anamorphic 2.35:1 high-definition transfer of the longer (by some 8 minutes, I believe) version of the movie, with optional DD 5.1 and dts soundtracks, a running Commentary by director Christophe Gans, and a second running Commentary by actors Samuel Le Bihan and Vincent Cassel

- Disc 2 includes the 80-minute 'Making of...', 36 minutes of deleted scenes, an Interview with historian Michel Louis about 'The Legend of the Beast of Gévaudan' that inspired the director to make the movie, Trailers, Filmographies, DVD-ROM stuff (since I don't have a DVD-ROM player, I don't know what that includes)

- Disc 3 includes a 90-minute Documentary about the making of the film, the Storyboard (670 drawings!), Photo album, Posters, plus - on a second DVD-ROM section - the original screenplay

- There is also a 40-page full-color booklet

- all of which is cleverly packaged inside an inch-thick 'book', which has the title embossed in gold lettering on the front cover and spine - vraiment très classe!

...ahh... zose French! Zey reely know 'ow to make someting special!...

. . . . . .
Old 11-13-01, 08:13 AM

Okay, now who's got some timed scripts for this bad boy? And, on that subject, are there any good repositories for that type of thing?

- Jeff
Old 11-13-01, 09:59 AM

Script

I *should* have a script ready before too long depending on the length of time it takes to get shipped to me. I may yet need some assistance with the French to English translation so that could make for a bit longer wait. Anxious to watch it as are all of you
Old 11-13-01, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Woooooooo!Found it at fnac.com! Although if I had come back here and checked this morning I woudn't have spent an hour searching for it.

Now all I need is a multi-region DVD player. Yes, I know, I'm doing things backwards.
Old 11-13-01, 02:03 PM

Re: Script

Originally posted by Furious
I *should* have a script ready before too long depending on the length of time it takes to get shipped to me. I may yet need some assistance with the French to English translation so that could make for a bit longer wait. Anxious to watch it as are all of you
Furious: Great! Are you planning on subbing the extras as well? I would like to suggest DVDSubber if you don't already use it.

- Jeff

Also, is anyone aware of a website that houses scripts? All the ones I am aware of are anime related ....
Old 11-13-01, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Hendrik
The postman brought me my limited edition set this morning (#55914) and it's, like, WOW!!! The most elaborate SE of a single movie yet:

- Disc 1 includes an anamorphic 2.35:1 high-definition transfer of the longer (by some 8 minutes, I believe) version of the movie, with optional DD 5.1 and dts soundtracks, a running Commentary by director Christophe Gans, and a second running Commentary by actors Samuel Le Bihan and Vincent Cassel

- Disc 2 includes the 80-minute 'Making of...', 36 minutes of deleted scenes, an Interview with historian Michel Louis about 'The Legend of the Beast of Gévaudan' that inspired the director to make the movie, Trailers, Filmographies, DVD-ROM stuff (since I don't have a DVD-ROM player, I don't know what that includes)

- Disc 3 includes a 90-minute Documentary about the making of the film, the Storyboard (670 drawings!), Photo album, Posters, plus - on a second DVD-ROM section - the original screenplay

- There is also a 40-page full-color booklet

- all of which is cleverly packaged inside an inch-thick 'book', which has the title embossed in gold lettering on the front cover and spine - vraiment très classe!
all that and no english subtitles, right? *thumbs down*
Old 11-13-01, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"all that and no english subtitles, right? *thumbs down*"

...not for people (including yours truly) who understand French ... for us lucky so-and-sos it's two thumbs (and two big toes) waaay UP!...

. . . . . .
Old 11-13-01, 10:44 PM

Does that say book of the dead?
Sorry, I can't read French, I've heard all kinds of good things about this movie. But might just have to wait for a subbed version, anyone know of any release in the future for us non-french comprehending dvd junkies?
Old 11-14-01, 02:36 AM
pum

Originally posted by Hendrik
...not for people (including yours truly) who understand French ... for us lucky so-and-sos it's two thumbs (and two big toes) waaay UP!...

. . . . . . [/B]
Hendrik,,,r u sure this is the good movie?
i checked the director's filmography. it looked unpromising.

but i have to admit the disc looked nice.
Old 11-14-01, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Hendrik,,,r u sure this is the good movie?"

...ahh... well, like any movie you can take this one thusly...

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Stor...576662,00.html

...or thusly...

http://www.insideout.co.uk/films/b/b...the_wolf.shtml

...as for me, I liked it (but then I also liked Christophe Gans' Crying Freeman!)...

...however, there is no question that, as a deluxe special DVD release the 'look' and 'taste' of this one beats just about every other CE and SE and LE in my DVD 'collection'...

. . . . . .
Old 11-14-01, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The 2 reviews Hendrik posted pretty much sum it up. People generally love it or hate it! Depends if you like romantic-horror-western-kungfu-fantasy epics.

The "beast" does look silly though.
Old 11-20-01, 02:00 PM

Le pacte Des Loups scripts...

Hi. I am the bearer of bad news.

For those who wanted a translated script to be able to understand their beautiful DVD of the film there are really bad news:

The subs on the Movie DVD are separated on two different sub tracks. SubRip is unable to read both at the same time and so what you get are two scripts that cannot be put together.

Why can't they be put together?

Because the timing is off.

Start 1rst subtitle script:
00:04:18,232 --> 00:04:21,429
This is where the film starts.

Start 2nd script:
00:00:54,745 --> 00:00:58,021
This is the opening dialogue of the writer.

Do you see the problem?

The beginning dialogue comes 3,5 minutes after the first subtitles which represents the rabbles noises outside the mans house.

Oh well. I'll just have to let someone else try their hand at this ripping thing. I'm not very used to doing things like this so I may have done something wrong but what that would be I don't know.

So to anyone out there who has the 3 DVD collector's edition: Please try to rip the VOBs to your harddrive and try to rip the subs from them. I don't have enough room for even one of these VOB files.

If you're lucky please post a link to your scripts on this board and other boards. I don't know enough French to be able to translate even with the on line translators so a translation would be great as well.

Thanks

Ericf
Old 12-09-01, 10:31 AM
pum

who first bring the news of Le Pacte Des Loups R2 disc to this board?

i just want to thanks you, for introducing me to such a fine disc (3-disc set), and such a nice film. the discs and film are very beautifully made. i appreciat it even though i can't understand french.
and i thank Hendrik also for providing the review links to me.
now it's time to take a look at the discs again.
Old 12-09-01, 11:26 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pum, I've merged your post with this thread to give the original a bump.

I think eXcentris reviewed the film first in the Movie Talk forum: link

carnifern, may have mentioned it first, also in July, on the International forum: link
Old 01-04-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

www.amazon.fr lists the 3 disc version as available (it says it ships within 24 hours anyway)...

unfortunately I guess I'll have to wait for a R1 release as I dont have a multizone DVD player and I dont speak French. Too bad it wont be nearly as full as the R2 version

Brian
Old 01-04-02, 09:59 AM

Picked it up at the postoffice today, shipped in 4 days from Amazon.fr for 45 Euro.
Old 01-04-02, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bdshort
www.amazon.fr lists the 3 disc version as available (it says it ships within 24 hours anyway)...

unfortunately I guess I'll have to wait for a R1 release as I dont have a multizone DVD player and I dont speak French. Too bad it wont be nearly as full as the R2 version

Brian
Cool I just ordered it. Hopefully they actually have it in stock.
In case anyone cares it shipped the next day(1/5), so I guess it really is in stock.

Last edited by ScreachingWeasel; 01-05-02 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-05-02, 04:48 PM

I ordered my copy of the 3-Disk edition from Amazon.fr last Thursday and it was shipped the same day.
This will be my 1st ever purchase of a foreign DVD without English subs!
If it's still enjoyable solely as a visual feast then I'll get hold of the 2-Disk version of Dobermann next!

Cyberdemon
Old 01-05-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unfortunately, I was away from my TV last night. But! I heard the commercial for it. Playing in selected theaters 1/11/02??

Will try to check it out!
Old 01-06-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Out of stock already... I guess I should've make up my mind faster.
Old 01-08-02, 03:09 AM

Pacte is one of the top rentals on video in Amsterdam at the moment.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.