Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: 3 Evil Masters

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-01, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this at a Sun Coast in a "Plantinum Colletors Series" but have never heard of nor seen the movie. Is it any good? How is it on par with other Shaw Bros Films?

Anyone?
Old 11-05-01, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It seems a bunch of these came out with little fanfare, including... Avenging Eagle
Shaolin Mantis
Executioners from Shaolin
and Five Superfighters

...postings I've read of the other films seem to be the standard fullscreen prints (all the companies can get) and little to no extras, so the 'Platimum' term seems to be a tad misleading. In terms of actual film quality, I don't recall having seen 3 Evil Masters. If you could name the stars I'd have a better chance of dragging through my memory and nailing it down.
Old 11-06-01, 10:51 AM

Here's what I could find.

A young kungfu student helps save the life of a stranger who he later finds out is a great kungfu and sword master. In return for his good deed the man agrees to teach him. Unfortunately his current master doesn't like the compitition and kicks him out of the school. The master gets a small group of men to slay the 3 Evil masters but they don't have much luck and the only person left alive is the master. The 3 Evil masters also take over the school as there new headquarters. The student which got kicked out of the school hears about the situation and goes to reclaim the school.

DIRECTOR:
Lu Chun-Ku
STARRING:
Chen Kuan-tai
Wang Lung-wei
Lin Ho-nien
Chiang Ling
Wen Hsueh-erh
Old 11-07-01, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not familiar with 3 Evil Masters, but I did get Avenging Eagle. This is one of my all time favorites----the best plot of any KF movie, IMO. Too bad it's not widescreen, as this movie was filmed really well. Print quality is OK----at least better than the bootleg VHS I had.

Along with the Platinum Series, Ground Zero also has 10 Tigers from Kwantung and Masked Avengers on the shelves---don't know if they're widescreen or not. I vaguely remember liking 10 Tigers as a kid---I don't think I ever saw Masked Avengers.
Old 11-08-01, 09:59 AM

Man, I forsee a lot of money leaving my pocket. 3 cheers for kung fu!!!!
Old 11-08-01, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey Ky-Fi. Would welcome a brief (or longer) review of Avenging Eagle in the Old School Thread... http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...=oldschool+dvd

I have basically reviewed every Ground Zero-Wu Tang DVD (I think I'm missing only two) for DVD Talk. Will add links as soon as they are added to the database. Also, will be reviewing Snake in the Monkeys Shadow, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and Avenging Warriors of Shaolin as soon as Amazon ships them. The Old School classics are alive and well on DVD.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 11-08-01 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-08-01, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem, SF---it doesn't take much prodding to get me to review this one .