Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers The Movie Uncut S.C.E.

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-01, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I don't know if this question has been posted before (I saw no previous thread on it) so I figured I'd ask. Does anybody know if this chinese DVD of The Transformers: The Movies is worth purchasing? http://www.bandaimodel.com/anim-transformers.html I already have the open matte (try blocking the top and bottom of your TV to make your on 1.85:1 aspect ratio and you'll see it's true) version of the movie released by Rhino but this version intruiged me since it mentions a runtime of 89 minutes when the film only runs 84 minutes (despite the fact that film has always been listed as running at 86 minutes). Also, I was wondering what extras this DVD might have to earn the right to be called a "Special Collector's Edition."

Also, does anyone know if the Maverick region 2 release of the movie on DVD will make it's way to a region 1 version? I ask because they seem to be cramming it with trailers to the film and "The Touch" music video, among a few other things.
Old 11-03-01, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Maverick version -- PAL -- is also in widescreen! The VHS for this is out already, and the DVD releases next month. I believe it also includes the first few episodes of the Headmasters series as well. Not sure if Rhino will re-release Transformers: The Movie in a similar manner, but one can hope.
Old 11-03-01, 06:59 PM

Transformers

The version you enquire about is actually a bootleg. It's most likely taken from either of the R1 editions available (most likely given it appeared after the R1 release) or from the Japanese LD release of yesteryear (highly unlikely given the timing of the bootleg release).
Old 11-04-01, 07:31 AM

The UK version should be the better, and the fact that it's cheaper does help. Benson's should have it for around £13-14 when they list it.