Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Tsui Hark - Where is He on DVD??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It's crazy - I can't find a bunch of his movies on DVD and it sounds like they certainly deserve to be. Films like The Lovers (OOP Universe), Love in the Time of Twilight and The Blade (which is on a crappy R2 DVD) are nowhere to be found and I don't understand why. Is he being a little too much like Stephen Spielberg or George Lucas in this respect? I consider him one of the best directors in HK (and anywhere for that matter) and I just want to know why his stuff isn't all on DVD.
Old 10-30-01, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found these on Ebay, just one of each:

The Lovers (R6)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1479681135

Love in the Time of Twilight (R6)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1479679142

The Blade (R2)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1477094703
Old 10-30-01, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ebay is barf... (no offense, I appreciate you finding this but...) I wouldn't order from ebay if my life depended on it. Dishonest %^&#$@ I hate them. Anywhere else? At least now I know those two are on Region 6 - where's that?
Old 10-30-01, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger
At least now I know those two are on Region 6 - where's that?
Mainland China.
Old 10-30-01, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ebay is barf... (no offense, I appreciate you finding this but...) I wouldn't order from ebay if my life depended on it. Dishonest %^&#$@ I hate them. Anywhere else? At least now I know those two are on Region 6 - where's that?
Weird I've never had a problem buying off of ebay. It's no different then buying from Half.com or a Amazon zshop. That particular guy has a good rating. How is he dishonest? Just because some people lie in their descriptions does not mean everyone does. No offense, but I hate ridiculous generalizations.
Old 10-30-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ScreachingWeasel

Weird I've never had a problem buying off of ebay. It's no different then buying from Half.com or a Amazon zshop. That particular guy has a good rating. How is he dishonest? Just because some people lie in their descriptions does not mean everyone does. No offense, but I hate ridiculous generalizations.
No offense taken - you're right - however, I've just had nothing but bad experiences with ebay getting ripped off and paying way too much for stuff, so I decided to just stay away for my own good. Some people are better at swindling than others - I'm one of the others... I can't swindle anything and I just get swindled too easily cuz I'm too trusting.
Old 10-31-01, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, I just wanted to show you they were out there. I will look elsewhere, and let you know