Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Problem with Fulltime Killer

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-01, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I just got Fulltime Killer and tried to watch it on my toshiba SD2109. I can browse the menus but am unable to watch the movie or any of the extra features like the trailer. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be my player or a bad disc?

Thanks
Old 10-25-01, 11:00 AM

Hmm, have you tried putting the disc in another player? Or putting it in a PC-dvd drive? If it works in either of those, I'd say it's your player. So far, I only have 1 disc this way. (Fong Sai Yuk)

I think Trigger has Full Time Killer already... any problems you're aware of Trigger?
I've got it on order, but I won't see for a few weeks most likely.

cheers,
Gabe
Old 10-25-01, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My "Fulltime Killer" has no problem at all on my Panasonic A120. Maybe you can try it out on a friend's DVD player to determine if it's the disc.
Old 10-25-01, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by gabegarwick
Hmm, have you tried putting the disc in another player? Or putting it in a PC-dvd drive? If it works in either of those, I'd say it's your player. So far, I only have 1 disc this way. (Fong Sai Yuk)

I think Trigger has Full Time Killer already... any problems you're aware of Trigger?
I've got it on order, but I won't see for a few weeks most likely.

cheers,
Gabe
I don't have the DVD yet - just the VCD. Any day now, my DDDHouse order will arrive.

Anyway - I do have a Toshiba 2109 that has been chipped to be region free - so when I get it, I'll pop it in and see if it's a problem related to that player. It might be that your Toshiba needs a cleaning. I have been having trouble with a few discs on that player when going from menu to movie. I'm told that DVD players get really dirty really fast and they need to be cleaned every once in awhile by a place that will take them apart and stuff. Take it to Best Buy or something and they'll clean it for like 20 bucks probably. But I'll check for you when my order arrives.
Old 10-25-01, 06:41 PM

Daveblog,

Where did you purchase your Fulltime Killer DVD? My cousin got one on eBay and it's an apparent bootleg with no DTS sound. It also does not have the clear plastic case from Deltamac. He has the same problem like you too and he has the Malata player. I'm just glad I purchased my copy from DDD.
Old 10-25-01, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Problem with Fulltime Killer

Originally posted by daveblog
Hi

I just got Fulltime Killer and tried to watch it on my toshiba SD2109. I can browse the menus but am unable to watch the movie or any of the extra features like the trailer. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be my player or a bad disc?

Thanks
Have you tried using the title button?
Old 10-25-01, 08:12 PM

I ordered mine from Poker Industries. It is a real one not a copy. I have also tried to use the title button on the remote. I will look into having it cleaned after I try the DVD on another player.
Old 10-27-01, 07:41 AM

Hi,

My copy of 'Fulltime Killer' wouldn't even load on my Toshiba SD-1200 player. Yet, on my brothers Thompson player and my DVD-ROM it seemed to work fine. Maybe it's a firmware issue with Toshiba players?

Damian.
Old 10-27-01, 06:31 PM

Eh, if you want to play Fulltime Killer on a Toshiba, you have to go to the Chapters section and just start on Chapter 1. That's the only way to start it.
Old 10-28-01, 02:56 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, my 'FTK' DVD won't even load (the player tries to spin it a couple of times and then just display's 'Disc Error' on the front LCD panel). Therefore, I can't even use the 'Title' button on the remote or just go and start the film on Chapter 1 through the menu's...

By the way, I also had exactly the same problem with the 'China Star' (Hong Kong) DVD of 'Love on a Diet'. I even got the DVD replaced at DDDHouse, but the replacement disc wouldn't work either! I don't suppose anyone else with a 'Toshiba' machine has also tried this disc?

Damian.
Old 10-29-01, 04:11 AM

Mine is fine (Pioneer DV-525). Got it because of Sorimachi but just another ho hum hk flick.
Old 10-29-01, 09:28 AM

On my Sampo

The first time I loaded the disc, I got a 'no disc' message. I pressed Open/Close
and it loaded and played fine. Occasionally, I run into this on a disc and some
discs seem to take longer than others to load. Unfortunately, my disk 2
of In The Mood For Love - SE would never load.
Old 10-29-01, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eluminati
Mine is fine (Pioneer DV-525). Got it because of Sorimachi but just another ho hum hk flick.
Mine works fine (Proscan) and I will totally disagree with your analysis of the content - for what it's worth, I absolutely loved it!

Cheers,

-matt
Old 10-29-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tried it on my Toshiba 2109 (chipped for region free-ness) and the opening and menu came up - I could navigate the menu just fine, but after selecting sound and subtitle options and hitting resume film, it wouldn't start - I opened and closed it and tried again. This time I just went into the chapters and picked chapter 2 and it played just fine. Some DVDs I have give me trouble on my Toshiba if their menus are too elaborate. I imagine it will play just fine on my other DVD players (Sony 5 disc and Malata). If you need me to check I will, but it plays just fine and looks beautiful - great transfer and sound.

Mine is a Delta Mac disc with a clear case and clear artwork sheet. I hope you didn't get a bootleg - I got mine from DDDHouse.
Old 10-30-01, 12:46 PM

Trigger,

I got mine from DDDHouse as well. I've actually ordered another copy on my latest order, so we'll see if that one fairs any better! If not then its obviously my player.

Damian.