Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Another question about "Friends" Region 4 DVD's...

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-01, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the entire Series 1 - 6 of Friends on DVD (Region 4). They all came with identical spines on the insert. However, I also ordered the Region 4 version of Friends - Season 7 - Episodes 1-4, but it came with a predominantly blue insert, including a completely different blue spine. Why is this? Can someone confirm that there isn't another version of the Region 4 Friends discs that all match, either Seasons 1-6 being like my Season 7, or vice versa? By the way, I purchased them all from Devoted.com.
Old 10-22-01, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 2 versions of Friends series 7. The first version is (as far as I know) only released in the U.K. and Australia. This version differs from the rest of the series, as you mentioned in your post. On these discs there are only 4 episodes while the other series all have 8 episodes per DVD (single layer, double sided). The 4-episode version also has 2 sides, one side holds the 4 original episodes as showed on TV, on the other side you will find the same episodes but in a special 'director's cut' version editted with scenes that were not seen in the TV series.

The 'normal' series 7 (8 episodes per DVD, 3 DVD's per season)that will be like season 1-6 and thus will match with the rest of your collection will be released Nov. 7th in Europe (pre-ordered mine @ www.dvdzone2.com) To be sure if these discs match you could best wait for an Australion release, but that could take some time as season 6 was only recently released out there.
The covers for both regions will be the same, but I think the package will differ. I bought series 1-3 in the Netherlands and they came in carton snapcases, the rest of the series also came from Australia (also Devoted ) and they came in the usual plastic keepcases.

I hope I made things a bit clearer for you.