Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

where to find boondock saints region2

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-01, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know where to find the Region2 version of Boondock Saints? Apparently this is the version that has director commentary. It shows Connor and Murphy on the cover whereas the Region1 dvd has Smecker's face on the cover.
Old 09-30-01, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't there supposed to be a region 1 release sometime soon that is supposed to have more features on it?
Old 09-30-01, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’m here!!
Old 09-30-01, 11:55 PM

yes there is a r1

you can get the region1 dvd at amazon.com. that's where I was got mine. and thanks for the link for the region2...it's gonna rock!
Old 10-02-01, 01:51 PM

Since Amazon lists Boondock Saints as 'R1 IMPORT' I assume youre talking about the Canadian edition which has been trimmed by the censors? The uncut version is also available in Scandinavia on R2 DVD but I don't think it has any commentary audio tracks.
Old 10-02-01, 02:25 PM

uncut?

imdb.com lists the following as cut:

"the Hotel Shootout: This scene has a cut about 7 seconds, showing bloody bullet hits, when the two brothers are hanging on the rope.

Rocco shoots the Mafia-Guys in the bar: The headshot and the shot in the chest are cut away on the DVD. You only see the blood coming out of the back of the bench.

Shoot out in the pool-room: one scene is cut which shows several bullet hits in the body of the guy who opens the door."

the region 1 version at amazon.com has all of these scenes in it. A rumor I heard was that one of the scenes cut was the part where Rocco gropes the stripper, however that scene is also in the amazon.com r1 version.

The reason I am interested in the r2 is because supposedly it has "commentary and behind the scenes footage, plus a few other extras."