Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Canadian deals at Futureshop

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-01, 03:33 PM

Location: 1st Star to the right and straight until morning! ^^;
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh..finally something good. Futureshop is having a FREE ground shipping on 3 or more dvd's.

You all know futureshop is quite good with there dvd pricings. Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/dep...A3C5E0DF3ABA81

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment back in this thred so others can benefit if you see something els egood on the website.

Pix

..."The midnight dvdtalk.com lurker killer!"
Old 09-16-01, 12:16 AM

The Professional $13.54 USD (converted from 1.55) + free ship in Canada.

Not bad if you're buying in bulk.

Pix
Old 09-16-01, 01:26 AM

yeah, but if you really like "The Professional", you need to go for the uncut international version... which is something like $37.99...
Old 09-16-01, 04:06 AM

SOme of the pricings at Futureshop online are a bit cheaper or match or are close to the lowest pricing on dvdpricesearch.com after you do the price convertion to USD. Converting CDN to US is "CDN divide 1.55 = USD".

Futureshop has some anime selections. I'mmostly hunting down anime title right now. I'm also trying to keep away from getting anything rom the US right now. I think Fedex or air mail is still banned from US airspace.

Pix
Old 09-16-01, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Gotta love being considered 'international', I guess the line between the US and Canada is now considered 'overseas' eh? Stores like ABSound and HMV are never considered international so why would Future Shop?

To my actual post : PixieGrrrl, if you ever find this thread again, can you please post what anime titles FS carries, I've never been able to find any other than a few crappy Manga titles.
Old 09-16-01, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Feneant
Gotta love being considered 'international', I guess the line between the US and Canada is now considered 'overseas' eh? Stores like ABSound and HMV are never considered international so why would Future Shop?

To my actual post : PixieGrrrl, if you ever find this thread again, can you please post what anime titles FS carries, I've never been able to find any other than a few crappy Manga titles.

I"ve never seen AMSound in toronto here. HMV, Towers, Futureshop, Sams, Sunrise, and many many others.

Hmm....as to the anime FS carries. They have about 50 titles Id say. On box set I suggest one to get is the Bubblegum Crisis box set, Lupin: castle of Cagolistro, Macross2,macross Plus vol.2, Sailormoon, Dragon Ball of all sorts, Pokemon (gotta kill them all!), Akanes high kick (at last check), Ghost in the shell, Area88 (this is a good classic manga and the dvd is ok), and many more which I can't rememeber.

I suggest you go on Amazon and make a wish list of all the anime you want then print that list out and scout dvdpricesearch.com for the lowest price then go to futureshop's site and check for those titles and do the CDN to USD convertion and see your margin. WIth free shipping, you're saving already a good deal.

Hope this helps out. If I reemeber anything else I will post it. In the mean time I suggest you use my method as I have before I go to the Towers closing store at downtown Toronto.

Pix
Old 09-16-01, 10:09 AM

I"m not sure when the free shipping is over but it's still saying free shipping at of last night at 0500 EST.

Can someone make a list of the dvd's that are a "good" deal to buy and are at the best pricing? THanks

Pix
Old 09-19-01, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A&B Sound is Western Canadian ...

Which is too bad since they are the price leaders in the ultra competitive market that is Vancouver and Western Canada.
Old 09-23-01, 10:57 AM

This is odd, If you walk into futureshop (FS) you can find the Bubblegum crisis megaseries anime dvd set there in the shelf but when you look online there is no record of them stocking it. This is odd. Does FS sync there store product with the wearhouse?

Pix