Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Nameless- Los Sin Nombre DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-01, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Hey has anyone seen this DVD?? I know that it is available at DVDgo.com(trying to order from them from the USA is nearly impossible) but is there anywhere else that carries it??? What can anyone tell me about it. I saw some information about it on a horror site and it made me want to see it. I thought the premise about it was really cool. Anyone that can shed some light on it, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-14-01, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the DVD and it's an absolutely incredible movie! Tense and atmospheric in a way the X-Files wished it could be. I won't say anything because it could give away the story but it's a must-have film. It's a dark fantasy horror more in the psychological horror vein. Director Jaume Balaguero's first American film "Darkness" is due out soon and also looks incredible.

As for DVDGo, I've had no problem. I live in New Jersey and I received Faust and El Arte de Morir from them today via Airborne Express in 2 separate shipments. For your first order you need to fax them a copy of your credit card (front and back) and your driver's license but that's only for fraud prevention. I've placed a total of 5 orders from them so far with no problems.
Old 08-14-01, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How is the Faust DVD?? Is it widescreen and uncut? What is the running time? Thanks for any info...
Old 08-14-01, 10:27 PM

I was afraid to give DVDgo my info so I ordered it through www.diabolikdvd.com. This site uses Paypal. I had the movie within 4 days. It was more expensive than DVDgo but at least I didn't have to give them my credit info.
Old 08-14-01, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by d2cheer
How is the Faust DVD?? Is it widescreen and uncut? What is the running time? Thanks for any info...
It's an incredible DVD! It's anamorphic widescreen and uncut unlike the US R1 release which will be cut. It also has the Spanish trailer and TV spots, interviews (dubbed over in Spanish) and the English running commentary by Brian Yuzna. I just got a surround system so I'm pretty blown away by the 5.1.

If you want the film uncut then this is the version to get.
Old 08-14-01, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by DVDevious
I was afraid to give DVDgo my info so I ordered it through www.diabolikdvd.com. This site uses Paypal. I had the movie within 4 days. It was more expensive than DVDgo but at least I didn't have to give them my credit info.
I've ordered from him before and it's definitely great service. I use DVDGo for Spanish DVDs but Diabolik for about anything else.
Old 08-15-01, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by carnifern

It's an incredible DVD! It's anamorphic widescreen and uncut unlike the US R1 release which will be cut. It also has the Spanish trailer and TV spots, interviews (dubbed over in Spanish) and the English running commentary by Brian Yuzna. I just got a surround system so I'm pretty blown away by the 5.1.

If you want the film uncut then this is the version to get.
Do you know how this compares to the Brazillian version that is being sold on ebay?
Old 08-15-01, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by d2cheer

Do you know how this compares to the Brazillian version that is being sold on ebay?
Not completely. but from looking at the auctions I can tell you that "uncut" Brazilian version is definitely cut. Here are the differences that I can see:

LENGTH
Spanish DVD: 101 min.
Brazilian DVD: 97 min.

AUDIO
Spanish DVD: DTS: Spanish . Dolby Digital 5.1: English, Spanish, Catalan
Brazilian DVD: English and Portuguese - Dolby Digital 5.1 & 2.0

VIDEO
Spansih DVD: PAL Anamorphic Widescreen
Brazilian DVD: NTSC and probably fullscreen since no auction lists the aspect ratio

EXTRAS
Spanish DVD: Interactive Menus, Scene Access, Filmographies, Film Credits, Director Commentary, Story Boards, TV Sports, Trailer, Video-clips, Interviews, Making Of
Brazilian DVD: Interactive Menus, Scene Access, Filmographies, Film Credits, Trailer, Making Of

Looks to me like a clear winner for the Spanish DVD. I watched part of it last night and it looks and sounds great. The only drawback is, being a Spanish DVD, the interviews are dubbed over in Spanish but I'd recommend this version.
Old 04-07-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Woooo, mega-bump!

Was there ever an NTSC version of this released on DVD other than the edited Brazilian disc?
Old 04-07-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Theres a UNIVERSE region 3 disc thats dirt cheap, great movie by the way.
Old 04-07-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is an NTSC Hong Kong version that I picked up through dddhouse. Pretty decent quality at a cheap price.. Says region 3, but may be all-region. Lists 100 min.

Shagrath
Old 04-07-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

great movie by the way.
It certainly is! I've only watched a VHS copy, so I've been on the lookout recently for a non-PAL DVD version. Off to dddhouse...