Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kiki's Delivery Service - R2 Japanese 2 two disc set

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-01, 10:22 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

2 Disc set : Movie only disc in letterbox format (1.85) with Japanese language track, English dub track (the one made for the Disney VHS and laserdisc editions) and English subtitles.

Second disc includes the full length movie with storyboards on the alternate multi angle option. Japanese language audio only. TV spots. "Music" video. DVD trailers for "Sherlock Hound" and "Castle of Cagliostro". Studio Ghibli promo trailer. Trailer for Miyazaki's new film "Spirited Away".

The next double disc from Ghibli is "My Neighbor Totoro" on Sept. 28th - and include an English dubbed soundtrack. Can't wait for the news of a definative disc edition of "Nausicaa"!
Old 08-03-01, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Kiki's Delivery Service - R2 Japanese 2 two disc set

Originally posted by Giles
Can't wait for the news of a definative disc edition of "Nausicaa"!
It's due out next year.

"Totoro" will also have English subtitles. It will also have the same type of special features on its extras disc: Storyboard to film comparison, Trailers, Music video, Textless opening and ending, Trailers for other Ghibli films.

All of Ghibli's films are being released on R2 DVD.
Old 08-03-01, 03:12 PM

Any info on Porco Rosso?

It's my favorite !!!
Old 08-03-01, 03:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
No word on "Porco Rosso" ( I have to admit I have not seen it yet), but I recently read in the excellent book "Hayao Miyazaki, Master of Japanese Animation" by Helen McCarthy (incidently included as an extra on the upcoming Region 2 UK edition of "Princess Mononoke") that Miyazaki prefers the French dub over the original Japanese language soundtrack. "The French cast were superb, in fact I thought they gave an even better performance than the original Japanese actors. Those characters really need French voices. There's a qualtiy in the French voice that you really need for those roles" Miyazaki is quoted in the book as referring to the French dub. I hope that when Ghibli releases the Region 2 disc they will provide the original Japanese language version, the English Dub, and the French dub.
Old 08-03-01, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Any info on Porco Rosso?

Originally posted by dleedlee
It's my favorite !!!
One of my favorites too! I cannot wait to watch and hear the aerial sequences.

It's currently scheduled for release in September 2002.