Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kung Fu Colt Master, JET LI? possible spoiler

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw this movie last night and my wife told me that they never made part 2 to this. They are suppose to because Mei Ko is suppose to fullfill his last promise to the Goverment official woman also played by his mother in the beginning. He is also suppose to rescue the shaolin monks, and find out what the maids secret is.

Does anyone know if they ever made a part 2 for this? My wife said she looked a few years back everywhere but couldn't find it.

This was a really good Jet Li flick, especially when you have a wife that explains alot of more details about the movie.
Old 07-27-01, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
From what I understand - this was a movie based on a TV series or something. The series is far more comprehensive and the movie only shows part of the series. Someone on this forum explained it to me - I think in the One and Only HK threads in the main forum. Anyway - there isn't a part 2 and it probably won't be - it just ends like that. Too bad because it's a fantastic movie except for the horribly abrupt ending. Everyone feels the same way - "I must know more!" - perhaps someone who's seen the series can disclose what happens next or at least explain what I'm trying to say in a better way.
Old 07-27-01, 04:22 PM

Thx trigger for always replying,

my wife also told me this is a long chinese series. They just took out parts to make a movie of it. But she didnt know if there was a part 2. Also the movie has some differences with the series though.

Also did you know Samo Hung was jet Li's master in here. He played the character Jet li played in Tai Chi Master, but older.

My wife told me that. he's a famous chinese folk lore hero I guess.
Old 07-27-01, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I did not know that - that's interesting. I gotta watch KFCM again to see. So the Sammo Hung character in KFCM and Jet Li's character in Tai Chi Master (Twin Warriors) are supposed to be the same character? I wonder what other movies that character appears in. My girlfriend said to me the other day - "These movies are all the same" - and I scolded her... but actually I kinda agree with some of these. Some of them are starting to blend together. I'm mixing KFCM with Zu Warriors...

Anyway - your wife is right about that... I don't think there's a part 2, but Yellow Hammer or someone else will probably know for sure.
Old 07-27-01, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry don't know the answer off the top of my head. But if you ask the same question at the MHVF.net site I guarantee you someone will know the answer.
Old 07-27-01, 10:17 PM

Memory serves

...The series is based on Jin Yong's novel Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. There was also a TVB series if I recall correct. There was a part two planned for production but dismal box office returns meant it went nowhere. To get the rest of the story, you would have to read the books, which unfortunately means learning another language as they don't subtitle books
Old 08-07-01, 02:15 PM
Cool New Member

Full lowdown on KFCM

Jet Li's Kung Fu Cult Master is based on Jin Yong's Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre - which is actually the third part in a trilogy. Many TV series have been made of this story, with the most recent in 2001 starring Ng Kai-wah.

The film altered a lot of the story around and trimmed off a lot of the main characters. In the original story, Mo Gei falls in love with the Mongol Princess (played by Cheung Man in the film), and abdicates his place as leader of the Ming Sect. His place is taken by one of the characters in the film - Chu Yuan Jeung, who becomes the first emperor of the Ming Dynasty.

Sammo Hung's character as Cheung Sam Fung, is the same character played by Jet Li in The Tai Chi Master. Cheung Sam Fung is the person who invented Tai Chi, and in Jin Yong's novels, the person who founded the Wudan Sect on Wudan Mountain. Chow Yun Fat's character in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a student of this sect.

Incidently, Gigi Lai, who was in the film, takes the role of the Mongol Princess in the recent TVB tv series.

Oh, there was never a part two made, due to poor box office receipts, (the HK public hated the film because the story was hacked to pieces), and Jet's growing popularity. Shame really, because I quite liked the film too.
Old 08-08-01, 11:11 AM

I too was really upset to find out there was no second part of the movie. It's a good thing I have the TV series which starred Tony Leung Chiu Wai on tapes and periodically have taken them out to view again and again. Wonderful series! IMO, all the other TV remakes can't touch this one.