Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ginger Snaps On R4 DVD??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Ginger Snaps On R4 DVD??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-01, 10:34 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ginger Snaps On R4 DVD??

I've just been looking on E-Bay and have found a listing for Ginger Snaps on Region 4 DVD. Does anyone know if this is really available, or is it more likely someone trying to con people by selling a VCD? Any ideas??

If its real I'm gonna be all over it, its a wicked movie!!

CrazyBlade
Old 07-26-01, 10:47 AM

Ginger Snaps is due out today (I'm in NY) 6/26 at http://www.ezydvd.com.au/cgi-bin/esh...3501&c=Details

Definitely for real. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard great things about it. Considering the AU$ is you can get it (in the US) for about $18 shipped!
Old 07-26-01, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

Thankyou for that my friend.

I am not a huge horror fan myself, but I saw this at the cinema recently and was highly impressed with it. As the website says, The Craft meets The Howling and is very stylish - in my opinion, a better horror than The Blair Witch Project.

My only disappointment is that it seems to be a bare bones release, and I am sure there must be other stuff that can go on it. But, I think I may have to purchase. I can always trade if the R1 or R2 release is better!!

CrazyBlade
Old 07-26-01, 05:53 PM

Hi just noticed this thread. Here is some news about a Canadian edition.

June 27th 2001 - Late Update) Ok we just got an exclusive here. Harley was able to get in touch with with Director of Sales and Marketing, Howard Rabkin from TVA International.

Apparently "Ginger Snaps" is being prepped on DVD for a CANADIAN ONLY release from TVA International. Howard Rabkin, director of sales and marketing stated, "...I am going in the studio next week to record Director and Writer Commentaries for GINGER SNAPS. I'm really excited about this DVD release as we have some nice extra
features planned ( ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE CANADIAN VERSION!!!!!!!). Planned are widescreen version, 5.1 English and French audio, director and writer
commentaries, deleted scenes, rehearsal scenes and auditions."
Old 07-26-01, 06:35 PM

Thanks scouse, that's great news! Unfortunately I ordered the Australian DVD right after I posted the link but if the Canadian version has that much extra I'm sure I'll just rebuy it. They didn't happen to give a release date yet, did they?
Old 07-27-01, 07:10 PM

Sorry no details reagarding release date. I tried to search for TVA International but couldn't find anything.
Old 07-27-01, 08:32 PM

Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-01, 10:22 PM

A review of the R4 version can be found here:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews...p?ReviewID=213

Unfortunately, it is a bare bones release with an excellent video transfer but a rather problematic audio transfer.

Ian