Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Switchouse bans int'l users

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-01, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received this email from them:

Dear Member,

This is to inform you that effective July 24, 2001, Switchouse regrettably will no longer accept new memberships or continue existing memberships for individuals residing outside the USA and Canada. Switchouse will only permit inventory listing, purchases, sales, and trades on the site from members residing in the United States of America, U.S. Territories, APO/FPO addresses, and Canada.

Although we are planning to expand our membership base to include other regions, we are presently restricting access to the website for non-North America members due to a variety of reasons, including:

§ Local tax, duties, and customs regulations and practices.
§ Language barriers, import restrictions, and embargoes.
§ International shipping delays.
§ Regional incompatibility of software, hardware, and DVD items.

While we appreciate your understanding of this matter, we would like to extend to you our most sincere appreciation for being a loyal Switchouse member. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future when conditions permit the admission of international members. On a final note, if you currently have any pending transactions, you are required to fulfill them by July 31, 2001. For further information or clarification, please contact Member Support where our dedicated staff will gladly assist you for any inquiries or concerns you may have.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Switchouse Member Support

This is an automated message. Please do not reply.
To reach Member Support, please email [email protected].
Old 07-25-01, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
that sucks - I never even tapped that as a resource to find R2 discs cheaper. Oh well... my fault for not thinking. It sucks though. I'm sure some people on the other side of the pond are ticked off. I would be.