Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fifth Element region 2

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Fifth Element region 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-01, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fifth Element region 2

.I know this is an "international DVD" question, but nobody answered my post over there, so please leave it open!

Is it up for pre-order yet?

What's a good site to buy it from?

I tried to find it at amazon.de, but couldn't. Can someone give me a link?

Will all the extra features be in English aswell as German?

Is the dts 6.1 track in English aswell as German?

Who's getting it?

Who's going to hope for a region 1 release?

Thankyou

Last edited by donsrule; 07-15-01 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-15-01, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, but seeing as how "The Fifth Element" is one of my favorite movies (I purchased my DVD player as soon as it was announced for release), I would drool for ages over a DTS\extras rerelease! Anyone know anything about this?
Old 07-15-01, 11:27 PM

You obviously didn't read this last week then did you:

A 2-disc special edition of Luc Besson's The Fifth Element is being released in Germany September 3rd.

Here are the specs: 2.35 anamorphic widescreen; English and German DD 5.1 audio; brand-new English and German DTS-ES discrete 6.1 remix; 3 hours of extras on disc 2, including: 3 'making-ofs', 2 behind-the-scenes, behind-the-scenes of the production and special effects, German and American trailers and TV spots, footage from the Cannes Film Festival World Premiere, 'red-carpet' footage, the press conference, MTV's special with the Party, biographies and filmographies of cast and crew including interview footage.

Also coming August 20th are brand-new versions of Besson's Atlantis and Subway. Each comes with a new anamorphic transfer and German DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround audio (Subway with English/French DD 5.1 as well). Aside from some production notes and trailers, these discs are relatively featureless. (source: AREADVD)

From www.davisdvd.com
Old 07-15-01, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally posted by donsrule
You obviously didn't read this last week then did you:

A 2-disc special edition of Luc Besson's The Fifth Element is being released in Germany September 3rd.

Here are the specs: 2.35 anamorphic widescreen; English and German DD 5.1 audio; brand-new English and German DTS-ES discrete 6.1 remix; 3 hours of extras on disc 2, including: 3 'making-ofs', 2 behind-the-scenes, behind-the-scenes of the production and special effects, German and American trailers and TV spots, footage from the Cannes Film Festival World Premiere, 'red-carpet' footage, the press conference, MTV's special with the Party, biographies and filmographies of cast and crew including interview footage.

Also coming August 20th are brand-new versions of Besson's Atlantis and Subway. Each comes with a new anamorphic transfer and German DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround audio (Subway with English/French DD 5.1 as well). Aside from some production notes and trailers, these discs are relatively featureless. (source: AREADVD)

From www.davisdvd.com
But I thought luc besson said no special edition? WTF is up with that? Don't tell me this won't see the light of day in the USA..especially when it's a damn american made movie!!!
Old 07-16-01, 12:02 AM

Who knows?

That's why I wanna get it from Germany myself.
Old 07-16-01, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is also a R2 Japanese NTSC version with lots of extra goodies which are not on the R1 version.
Old 07-16-01, 01:24 AM

I'll definitely be ordering this title.
Old 07-16-01, 02:10 AM

I`m sure that Amazon.de will have this very soon for pre-order. I mean relax,it`s coming in September...