Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Taxi 2 DTS dvd

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-01, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know if there's a good resized version. cuz the region 3 dts dvd is not sized right and looks weird. good movie.. but it'd really be awesome if just sized right
Old 07-05-01, 02:06 PM

I have the R3 DTS release, what's wrong with it? I thought it looked and sounded great!
Old 07-05-01, 02:17 PM

Anamorphic problems

I believe what he is referring to is a problem with the anamorphic transfer on some dvd players. DVD players such as the apex (and other players based on the same chipset) incorrectly display this dvd in anamorphic mode, regardless of whether or not the output settings are set to pan and scan, letterbox, or wide mode. As such, it looks vertically stretched on some players that are displaying on 4:3 screens. The problem lies partially with the encoding (non-standard anamorphic flag?) and mostly with the player(s) it/themselves. The disc shows fine on a wide variety of other players, including Hitachis and Pioneers I've seen it on.
Old 07-05-01, 03:14 PM

Oh okay, I thought it did just fine on my Pioneer.