Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is this some kind of super enhanced RCE?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Is this some kind of super enhanced RCE?

Old 06-27-01, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Japan and buy most of my DVDs through Amazon in the US. My player is a Sony 7700 which according to the list of players supposedly has no problems playing RCE enhancement discs and so far I've had no problems with discs that have been RCE enhanced. Until now, when I bought The Patriot. It simply won't play no matter what I do, while Close Encounters received in the same shipment and also RCE anhanced plays beautifully.

Any idea what's going on here and if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks very much for any replies.

Peter
Old 06-27-01, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to put this in the DVD & Home Theater Hardware forum, a lot of people won't see it here who can give a better answer than me.

The Patriot was a problem DVD for many players, RCE didn't have anything to do with it, I believe. Again, put it in the DVD&HTH forum here and you'll probably get some answers.
Old 06-27-01, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its RCE allright, my friend also has Sony and the Patriot DVD will not play in it. Better get a Pioneer, it kicks ass!