Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where is the best place to get Shiri?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Where is the best place to get Shiri?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-01, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife is a big fan of the movie and I can't find it anywhere, except for the ocasional ebay auction. It's from Korea so most of the online sellers like amazon, don't have it.

Does anyone here know a reliable place to get the DVD (not VCD) with all the special features? (Region 1 or all region coding)
Old 06-26-01, 04:44 AM

I bought mine here : http://www.dvdasian.com
Old 06-26-01, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I got the DVD from http://www.DDDHouse.com but it was the one disc DTS edition. I think it's fine for me since I hear the extras aren't worth the extra cash. If you must have the extra disc though - try http://www.pokerindustries.com - Geoff posted a coupon for them somewhere as well.
Old 06-26-01, 05:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you can wait a little bit supposedly Columbia is going to do an R1 version later this year. Speaking of the 2 disk version though I've heard the main problem is nothing is subtitled/translated so if you don't speak Korean they aren't worth it, if you do however you may think differently
Old 06-26-01, 08:07 AM
Registered

I bought my copy of Shiri from DVDasian.com. They have the 2 DVD All region DTS Special Edition: http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/11435.html

The English subtitles were good (some funky translations), and the DTS Audio was good as well.

Know that the 2nd DVD with all the special features is pretty much only in Korean, so you're paying to get the movie on a all region DVD.

The DVD is also 16x9 enhanced if that's importnat to you.

All in all a good film. I plan on doing a full review of it, but in a nutshell it's the movie that Jerry Bruckheimer would make if he was Korean.
Old 06-26-01, 01:25 PM

schmuckheimer could never come close to doing something like shiri. has the guy ever actually READ a script of any of his movies? i guess such trivial details are below him.

let's leave him with his armagedons & pearl harbors. the supreme waster of expensive celluloid stock, the devil personified.
Old 06-26-01, 05:42 PM

Thanks for all the replys...I'll check out the links...My wife has been wanting the DVD for a long time.

(My wife speaks fluent Korean so if there are any funky translations, she let me know what it really is.)
Old 06-27-01, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by nemein
If you can wait a little bit supposedly Columbia is going to do an R1 version later this year.
Any links? I've been meaning to order the R0 16X9 DTS version but I'll hold off if there indeed will be a R1 version with subtitles for all of the extras.
Old 06-28-01, 01:08 PM

The VCD (gasp ) is pretty good quality for this medium (and widescreen) for those who are only curious about this movie.