Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

dddhouse.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-01, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone purchased dvds, cds or vcds from dddhouse.com?

How are they?
Old 06-14-01, 09:23 PM

DDDhouse

Yes I've used DDDhouse plenty of times.
They are EXTREMELY reliable, very cheap prices and a fast ship out time...I got mine in 3 days....They e-mail you when the shipment goes out so you know when to expect it...I just wish they had more cat 3 titles..good ones like run and kill or Ebola syndrome etc....They do have a wide selection though.............
Old 06-15-01, 06:41 AM

Hehehe...

Thanks for the information!

(Maybe you should try "Battle Royale"...)
Old 06-19-01, 09:20 PM
Suspended

AsianDiscs.com is reliable.

I usually do my HK movie shopping at http://www.asiandiscs.com They got my order to me in 2-3 days, and they have employees who are very knowledgable about Hong Kong cinema. Everytime I have a question, I can always rely on them for an answer.

I've tried dddhouse before, but they usually take forever to get the products to me ( I live in the U.S.)
Old 06-19-01, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for almost-complete information on DDDHouse, look for the DDDHouse Weekly Cheap Sale thread under the DVD Bargains forum. Generally speaking, DDDHouse is one of my top 2 or 3 vendors period for DVD sales in terms of CS, reliability, knowledge, and shipping. If you use the more expensive North American shipping option, which actually isn't all that much more expensive than the cheaper option, Johnny uses UPS International, which gets orders into the U.S. in 2 or 3 days AFTER shipping. This is pretty much as fast if not faster than any U.S. based store and certainly 50% to 500% cheaper than any U.S. based store.
Old 06-19-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered from DDDHouse once, the prices were very cheap and my order came very quickly...I highly recommend them..

-Brett
Old 06-19-01, 11:47 PM

Beware!!!!!!!

I ordered about 50 DVD's from DDD and I gor 12 in PAL format although they were listed as NTSC. I checked the web site after I recieved the shipment to verify what I ordered. I wrote an email, and he said I should get a newer DVD player. My Toshiba SD-3109 isn't that old. I should have gotten what was clearly labled as NTSC!
Old 06-20-01, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are no Region 0 HK DVDs that that are in PAL format. Which DVDs did you order that are supposedly PAL?
Old 06-20-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: AsianDiscs.com is reliable.

Originally posted by dragon1509
I usually do my HK movie shopping at http://www.asiandiscs.com They got my order to me in 2-3 days, and they have employees who are very knowledgable about Hong Kong cinema. Everytime I have a question, I can always rely on them for an answer.

I've tried dddhouse before, but they usually take forever to get the products to me ( I live in the U.S.)
What do you mean "usually"? You just placed your first order a week ago at the most. At least that's what you said in your first post.
Old 06-20-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I don't understand the rants here. I have found DDDhouse to be excellent both in low prices and service. My orders typically arrive faster than domestic orders.

BTW: I have never seen a PAL disc from Hong Kong either.
Old 06-20-01, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't you find it kinda weird that new members are popping up all of a sudden to either flame DDDhouse or promote AsianDisc.com?
Old 06-21-01, 07:33 AM

I've just placed my first order with DDDHouse,
and they've got the best service ever!

I hope the dvds are just as good!
Old 06-21-01, 11:48 AM
Registered

I suspended the new members who were here just promoting thier site.
Old 06-23-01, 10:50 PM

first of all, I'm not a new member, (I've been here for almost 2 years but for some unknown reason, I had to creat a new name) But anyways, whoever claims there are no reigon zero PAL DVD's should stop by my home Iand I will show it to you! THey come up as PAL on my friend;'s player that does play PAL. DDD finally changed the format on their description about a month after I got the bunk DVD's. I have ordered from them before and have been happy like the others here, but when I got 12 with the wrong format and they blow me off, I am happy to inform others. They have great prices, but you decide if you want the wrong thing sent to you. (and on top of the shipping, I was slammed with a customs tax!)
Old 06-24-01, 02:32 AM

Hey, ynci, good to hear the good reviews here didn't steer you wrong...I've ordered from DDDHouse a few times myself, and have had nothing but good experiences each time.
Old 06-24-01, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thunderkiss: "...whoever claims there are no reigon zero PAL DVD's should stop by my home Iand I will show it to you!..."

Actually, Yellow Hammer did't say there are no region zero PAL DVDs, he said: "There are no Region 0 HK DVDs that that are in PAL format."

Thunderkiss, I don't know where your homeland is - mine's Switzerland - but, yes! indeed there are Region 0 PAL DVDs: all made-in-Europe 'adult' titles I've ever seen are Region 0 or 'ALL' - and PAL ... all made-in-USA 'adult' flicks I know of are Region 0 or 'ALL' - and NTSC...

I must admit, though, that I have never seen a Hong Kong DVD that was PAL-encoded - Region 3 (which is HK's 'official' Region), yes - Region 0, yes - but PAL - no!

. . . ! ? ! ? ! . . .

Old 06-24-01, 01:23 PM

Well, they are "adult" dvd's from HK. My dvd player here in the US says PAL on my TV and will not play them. My friend who has a different player that does play PAL can play the DVD's.
Old 06-24-01, 01:26 PM

I guess I should have paid with a credit card instead of an electronic transfer. That way I would be insured by my credit card and ddd might take some responsibility. I do like their prices, but I'm disapointed with my last order.