Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about Amazon's new shipping

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Question about Amazon's new shipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-01, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes Amazon used to ship multi-DVD orders separately with no extra charge if there was released and pre-ordered items together. Do they still do same or does lower shipping rates mean no nice surprises anymore?
Old 05-25-01, 08:12 PM

I assume so. Never did it for me though. Probably over a hundred orders, half mixed pre-order/in stock; not one shipped items seperatly (even with a 2 month gap in the pre-order/instock items in the same order).
Old 05-26-01, 02:27 AM

Carrier?

These new international shipping options sound not too bad. Buth which carriers do they use now? Did they finally drop this DHL WorldMail Service? It's quality constantly decreased over the last months as many customers' complaints show. And what about this 'Expedited International Shipping'? Regular Airmail surely won't do it within 5 - 10 business days... On the other hand, the Priority option is still available, so it must be something between Express and Airmail.
Old 05-26-01, 02:44 AM

I did make some test orders with the new shipping options and i was pretty disappointed and surprised. First,the new Expedited Shipping with a 5 to 10 Days delivery arrived TWO Days after the Standard Shipping but both were shipped the same Day! The Standard Shipping however was very fast and it is not that expensive so i`ll only use Standard in the future!
Old 05-27-01, 12:19 PM

To which country did you ship your DVDs? Did you have to pay customs?
Old 05-27-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I asked for my order to be shipped together but they shipped in 2 pieces with no additional charge.

I used the standard international shipping ( 11- 21 days )and it took only 4 days for one and 6 days for the other to get to canada.

Customs never caught it so I didnt have to pay tax either.
Old 05-28-01, 01:27 AM

Thanks for the info, I just placed an order with in-stock movie and Forrest Gump, the first one went almost immediately to 'on hand' state so let's see if it gets shipped.